cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joedindo
Premolar III

Charting an Implant Bridge

Working on setting up the buttons in charting and we can't seem to get a graphic that makes sense for the implant bridge. It doesn't look anything like a bridge. What's the proper setup and configuration for an implant bridge button?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Re: Charting an Implant Bridge

Hello Joe

When you're talking about the graphic, do you mean for the button itself or how it is displayed on the teeth in the chart itself?

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
joedindo
Premolar III

I mean how it appears on the chart 

Also, when you hit the button with the implant bridge code, it does not work like the regular system defined bridge button

0 Kudos

Ok, So what about the graphic doesn't look like a bridge? How do you feel it should look? 

I used the built in bridge button on my chart and this is the graphic that shows up for me. 
Bridge.png

I also recorded the steps that it takes to add the bridge to the chart. I'm curious to if you're acts the same as mine?

bridge button.gif

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

You're looking at the system defined bridge NOT the implant bridge.  The implant bridge does NOT show up like the system defined (non-implant) bridge

0 Kudos

oops, you're right. I misread... one moment

0 Kudos

Ok, so from what I'm seeing, there isn't a built in Implant bridge button,  just one for implants.  Which when you use it will just change all selected teeth to show the implant graphic like this

implant.png

What code does the implant bridge use? 

The code i get using the system defined implant button is 06010 

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

The pontic for a porcelain implant bridge is 6245 and the abutment is 6068

0 Kudos

Ok, I created a custom button for Implant Bridge and gave it the two codes you mentioned. This is how it looks on my chart once used. 

Bridge.png

I can give you a call if you'd like so we can look at it directly in your data. 

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

One issue is that it doesn't come up with the Bridge Construction dialog allowing you to pick from the various options for each tooth. The other issue is that it doesn't show an implant in the pontic and I would think that a system defined button would be the only way to accomplish a proper solution

0 Kudos