cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canine II

Customize Colors on User Defined Buttons

Any way to get a color attached to a surface or surfaces when using a User Defined Button? I would like a visual display of abfractions, erosions, bruxism, or excess wear from abrasive opposing restorations. The best I can do now is lump everything under the System defined  Decay Button and add a note with a character display.  Also I see there is a color option for "non-carious lesions" available in the Charting Configuration under Setup>Hard Tissue> Chart Colors. I can't find any System defined button that uses that color designation.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Customize Colors on User Defined Buttons

I did some research on the non-carious lesions colors in the configuration found that at the moment it isn't actually used in the chart.  But it would most likely refer to items such as abfraction and erosion.  At the moment the method you are using to input that information, using notes with characters, is the only method we have to chart that information. 

however, I can get this entered as a feature request for a future update in the software. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
Canine II

Please add this to the list!!! Custom buttons in the chart will be much more useful if color and surface indicators can be customized!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

As it is now, the chart colors are determined by the material being used.  which is where you see them listed in the config of the charting module. So you can customize the colors there, but they'd only show for entries that are material specific work.  Though entries such as Sealants will get the S.  It's color is determined by the entry "Material unknown." This would basically cover any graphically represented items that aren't material based.

It mostly comes down to that we do not have a graphic that is used for the non-carious lesions at the moment. 

But yes, I'll submit it 🙂

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos