cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimberlyWFee
Canine II

Deleting Archived Claims

Is there a way to delete archived claims? We have inactive patients that we cannot inactivate because of claims in the archive. Those claims have been paid, they aren't unresolved, but there's no way to clear the claim in other methods. It's making my OCD bonkers, having things there that are no longer active. 

0 Kudos
jdowner

I'm assuming you are getting the message that you cannot inactivate them because they still have an open claim. 

With the changes made in v9.1 with the Insurance claims list it also made it so that the pre-d claims count as open claims for patients when you are trying to inactivate their clipboards.  So it could be possible that you have an old pre-d for those patients that was never cleared so it is flagging as an open claim. 

If you go into the main claims list (List > Insurance claims > Main claims list)  you will have the options on the left panel for the filter.  Check the boxes for Paper pre-d and Elec pre-d  then click on the apply button.  once it finishes filtering to add the pre-ds, click on the patient name button the column headers to sort by the patient's last name. This will allow you to search by the patient's last name.  look to see if there are any open pre-d claims under their name.  If there are you can select them one at a time and then click on the clear pre-d button on the lower left. 

Once all the pre-ds are cleared try to make the patient inactive again. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
tsalcido
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

When you uncheck active on the patients clipboard what message is it giving you? Let's start there.

I ran a test on a patient with one archived claim. I went to the clipboard to inactivate. The message read as below. My patient had a $150 balance. My other patient I tested had a credit of $200 and same message.

What message are you getting?

tsalcido_0-1686337835197.png

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdowner @tsalcido  can you provide any information on this? 

0 Kudos