cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sonyap
Premolar III

Delinquent Insurance Claim Contact Expert

This report needs to be modified so that it has a "previous submission" button like the ledger does.  There may be other contacts under previous claims that we need to reference.

14 Replies
sonyap
Premolar III

Re: Delinquent Insurance Claim Contact Expert

Also, this report (and every other Contact Expert) needs to be modified so that we can sort by "CONTACTED" date.  This is only logical, and shouldn't require moving mountains to change.  I've been asking for it for years, and yet something so simple is still not user friendly.  I can't imagine I'm the only one who thinks this should be a "sort" function.

Tagging @tyson_edwards  to look into the suggestions. 

One thing to note, however, If you have to do a correct entry and resubmit that way, the new claim is no longer connected to a previous submission.  The original claim is marked cleared, and the new claim is brand new.  It would not be able to track previous submissions in those cases. 

But I could see that being a desired button for normal resubmissions. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

That makes sense, but thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

I have another question about this report.  Why, when I run it and do not select "include already contacted", does it give me claims I've already contacted?

0 Kudos

Good morning

Without getting in and confirming this information about the claims you're seeing I'll have to make the assumption that the date entered on the contacted note has passed.

When you are adding a new contact to a claim, the date field at the top is the followup date. Basically expiring the contact.  So if you are past that date then they will show up again on the list. 

Claim New contact.png

It defaults 7 days out, but you can enter a different date if desired.  

I would pull up that claims contacted list and look at the followup date column.  That will be the date that was entered into the date field at the time it was created, and if it's past that date then it's considered an expired contact and needs to be followed-up/recontacted. 

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

Johnathan, where can I change the default setting of 7 days to be something else?

0 Kudos

There is currently no option that allows users to change how far out the re-contact date is set automatically select. 

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

So essentially, that checkbox should be removed or renamed, as it does not perform the sorting function that it claims to.

0 Kudos

It actually performs exactly the function it is supposed to function.  The user would need to make sure they are changing the date at the time the contact was created on the claim instead of leaving it at its default of one week out.    

If you had a claim that you added the contact to last Friday (10/04/2019), by default it's re-contact date will be 10/11/2019.  So if you were to run the report today and not have the box checked, that claim would not show up.  However, if you run the report again on 10/11/19 or after it will show up again because it is past its recontact date. 

Now if at the time you added the contact note and changed the recontact date to a month out, so 11/04/19, then that claim would not show on the report again until 11/04/19 or after, as long as you do not check the box. 

Checking the box will make contacted claims show up regardless of their re-contact date. 

0 Kudos