cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Did v10 break custom contact experts?

After upgrading to version 10, certain contact experts that were working fine went bad. The record search results is incorrect. I'm looking at one that uses the ApptDate function and rather than picking up the correct records according to the included criteria, it's picking up some random set of records.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Did v10 break custom contact experts?

Hello  Joe

No, custom experts should not have broken with the v10 updates. 

That is odd that it stopped working correctly after the update.  That is something that I'd want to get into one of your computers and take a look at to see what's going on and find a way to correct it. 

What is a good number to call you at? and would sometime tomorrow or Friday this week be a good day to call?

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Hi Jonathan and thanks for your help.

I made a contact expert years ago to identify new patients who were scheduled for a complimentary consult. We setup a predefined appointment with specific text in the description field and attached a specific procedure code to it and that is used in all those scheduled appointments. The contact expert looked for an appointment that had the text string “CONS/NP” in the appointment description. See the formula below:

PROMPT StartDate IS DATE LABEL "Enter Start Date ";  
PROMPT StopDate IS DATE LABEL "Enter Start Date ";  
Patient.FirstTreated >= StartDate AND
Patient.FirstTreated <= StopDate AND
ApptDate(Patient.PersonID, StartDate, StopDate, "CONS/NP") <>0
This expert worked flawlessly for years until after V10 when it started pulling up lists of name of people that don’t match the above criteria.  
I changed the formula to replace the ApptDate function with the following:

(HasTxCodeInLedger(Patient.PersonID, StartDate, StopDate, 0, 00198) = TRUE)

Once I did that, it pulled the correct list of patients.

I am happy to have you look at it but my schedule today and Friday is quite hectic.  Is it possible to schedule this for next Tuesday @ 11 am (Eastern)?

Feel free to email me joe@brbdds.com or call me 248-613-4640.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

I have no idea why the text was formatted like that...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sure I can call then. In the meantime. I will copy your original formula into an expert in my data and see what happens with it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So upon testing the original formula and see what variables the ApptDate(.....) formula pulls. 

That formula pulls up to look like this when clicked.

ApptDate(PatientIDHere, OptionalStartDateHereOrZero, OptionalEndDateHereOrZero, OptionalListOfCodesHere)

You have the "CONS/NP" set in the OptionalListOfCodesHere space.  That variable space is designed to pull a code and not the appointment description. 

I'm surprised that it worked correctly in the past as that formula has not changed. I tested this in 7.10.2 to confirm. 

If you were to change "CONS/NP" and use the 00198 code in its place, it should work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Thanks for your help.

I have created several user-defined contact experts and I am sure that a few of them use the same function in that manner. I'll know more about whether they work or not at the end of the month when I run them all. Meanwhile, I can assure you without any hesitation that one worked perfectly for years until the V10 upgrade.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is that particular expert using patient data or appointment data?  The option just below the description/title. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

This particular one is using Patient List data.

0 Kudos