After upgrading to version 10, certain contact experts that were working fine went bad. The record search results is incorrect. I'm looking at one that uses the ApptDate function and rather than picking up the correct records according to the included criteria, it's picking up some random set of records.
No, custom experts should not have broken with the v10 updates.
That is odd that it stopped working correctly after the update. That is something that I'd want to get into one of your computers and take a look at to see what's going on and find a way to correct it.
What is a good number to call you at? and would sometime tomorrow or Friday this week be a good day to call?
Hi Jonathan and thanks for your help.
I made a contact expert years ago to identify new patients who were scheduled for a complimentary consult. We setup a predefined appointment with specific text in the description field and attached a specific procedure code to it and that is used in all those scheduled appointments. The contact expert looked for an appointment that had the text string “CONS/NP” in the appointment description. See the formula below:
PROMPT StartDate IS DATE LABEL "Enter Start Date ";PROMPT StopDate IS DATE LABEL "Enter Start Date ";Patient.FirstTreated >= StartDate ANDPatient.FirstTreated <= StopDate ANDApptDate(Patient.PersonID, StartDate, StopDate, "CONS/NP") <>0
Once I did that, it pulled the correct list of patients.
Sure I can call then. In the meantime. I will copy your original formula into an expert in my data and see what happens with it.
So upon testing the original formula and see what variables the ApptDate(.....) formula pulls.
That formula pulls up to look like this when clicked.
ApptDate(PatientIDHere, OptionalStartDateHereOrZero, OptionalEndDateHereOrZero, OptionalListOfCodesHere)
You have the "CONS/NP" set in the OptionalListOfCodesHere space. That variable space is designed to pull a code and not the appointment description.
I'm surprised that it worked correctly in the past as that formula has not changed. I tested this in 7.10.2 to confirm.
If you were to change "CONS/NP" and use the 00198 code in its place, it should work.
Thanks for your help.
I have created several user-defined contact experts and I am sure that a few of them use the same function in that manner. I'll know more about whether they work or not at the end of the month when I run them all. Meanwhile, I can assure you without any hesitation that one worked perfectly for years until the V10 upgrade.