cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

Display and Resolution - 24 inch monitor

Jump to solution

We have updated a few of our PCs and monitors. We now have a few 24 inch screens set to 1920x1080 resolution and 125% scale and layout. Everything looks great except when rescheduling appointments. The appointment does not place where the curser is. We actually have to try to place the appointment up and to the left of the spot we are trying to drop it. I have read the Updated PracticeWorks Schedule & Screen Resolution Settings post from 03/12/2018. I cannot find the Custom DPI Setting. Any suggestions? It is driving my team crazy. 🙂

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Display and Resolution - 24 inch monitor

Jump to solution

Hello, 

The cause of the issues certain things in Practiceworks being distorted (charting and yellow stickies), and not lining up when moving floating appointments, is caused by having set the scaling (DPI) to anything greater than 100%. 

When Windows is set to resolution 1920x1080 it does make the text look smaller due to the nature of the resolution.  When I run into offices who have trouble reading it while in this setting I have them make some adjustments. 

Both setting changes are located in the Display settings. 

• Right-click on the desktop and choose the option at the bottom for "Display settings"

First, change the dropdown for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 100%.  This is what used to be labeled as DPI in Windows XP. 

Second, Change the Resolution drop-down.  I typically find most are happy at 1366x768.  This still allows the whole widescreen monitor to be used, and PracticeWork's graphics/font will look larger in proportion, making it easier to read. 

If 1366x768 doesn't work well for you, I suggest choosing different resolution options available until you find one that is satisfactory.  Do not use any resolution that is smaller than 1024x768 or it will cause other issues with how PracticeWorks and the charting module display on the screen. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@robertangus @jdowner any suggestions for this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello, 

The cause of the issues certain things in Practiceworks being distorted (charting and yellow stickies), and not lining up when moving floating appointments, is caused by having set the scaling (DPI) to anything greater than 100%. 

When Windows is set to resolution 1920x1080 it does make the text look smaller due to the nature of the resolution.  When I run into offices who have trouble reading it while in this setting I have them make some adjustments. 

Both setting changes are located in the Display settings. 

• Right-click on the desktop and choose the option at the bottom for "Display settings"

First, change the dropdown for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 100%.  This is what used to be labeled as DPI in Windows XP. 

Second, Change the Resolution drop-down.  I typically find most are happy at 1366x768.  This still allows the whole widescreen monitor to be used, and PracticeWork's graphics/font will look larger in proportion, making it easier to read. 

If 1366x768 doesn't work well for you, I suggest choosing different resolution options available until you find one that is satisfactory.  Do not use any resolution that is smaller than 1024x768 or it will cause other issues with how PracticeWorks and the charting module display on the screen. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thank you! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos