cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paule2711
Canine II

Does it make sense to upgrade to Server 2012?

I have a server running 2008 simply because at the time of purchase, Practiceworks was not supporting 2012.  With the end of Microsoft's support of 2008 looming the end of next year, and Practiceworks still not supporting Server 2016 or beyond, it appears that upgrading to Server 2012 makes the most sense.   My server's processor is a E3-1220v2, 3.10GHz, *M, 69W,QC. 

I would appreciate if Carestream could advise me if it makes sense to follow this path.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
paule2711
Canine II

Re: Does it make sense to upgrade to Server 2012?

Apologies if this is the wrong location for such a post.  Could someone advise me where I should have posted it?

0 Kudos

Re: Does it make sense to upgrade to Server 2012?

Hello Paul

Sorry for just replying, thought I already had.

Currently Windows Server 2008 and 2012 are the officially, tested, and supported server OS for PracticeWorks. However, Server 2016 has been successfully installed on and works in many offices at this point without any additional issues outside of what could happen in either 2008 or 2012.

The office would need to be running Pervasive v11.30 and least PracticeWorks v7.9.0. Our installation team right now is not authorized to do the install on server 2016 at this time so you would need to speak with the main support group, and most likely get sent up to our Escalations (R2) team. 

Also, PracticeWorks v9.0 will be releasing towards the end of December and it will be the version that officially certified/compatible for Server 2016.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos