cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HClarkDMDstaff
Canine II

ERA posting payments with interest

Is there a way to attach an ERA to patients history for unpostable claims.  Bulk payments vs epostings that still need to reference eposting ERA archive without posting thru e-postings.  Please file reference #7042199 for details

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: ERA posting payments with interest

Hello, 

Just to confirm what you're asking.   You've marked an ePosting as unpostable, but you still need to be able to clear the claim as if it were an EFT?  is this using an EFT that was sent outside of the ePosting at this point? or is it one that was marked unpostable by accident? From my experience, which I don't have a lot of ePosting experience myself, usually, those payments are manually entered to the ledger at that point. 

If you do a bulk Payment or a normal IP payment on the ledger you will have a drop down to choose the payment type, either Check, EFT, or Credit Card. Depending on what you choose will determine where on the report the payment will be placed. 

-Johnathan Downer

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
HClarkDMDstaff
Canine II

When we receive an eposting with interest, we cannot post it thru epostings since it has interest so we have to post it as a bulk eft.  We want to be able to save the eobs to each patients history like it does when you use e-postings but cannot do it.  The only option we were given by practice works is to mark as not postable and complete it so we can go back to it if needed.

0 Kudos

Interesting, I've never heard of an ePosting/EFT having interest as part of its payment. 

Yeah at that point, The only option would be to mark it as 'not postable' and then go to the ledger and manually enter in the IP. On the window where it ask for the payment amount and 'check number' you'll have a drop down to change it to EFT.  Or if it's part of a bulk payment, on the bulk payment window you'll have a payment type drop down in the top right and you can choose EFT there as well. 

0 Kudos
HClarkDMDstaff
Canine II

So there is no way to attach  the EOB on the patients history?  

0 Kudos

You could upload it to the patient's Attachment section. But that would be the only way to do that at that point.

0 Kudos