cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Entering Payments into PracticeWorks from Insurance that don't apply to maximum

With ever changing insurance payments and coverages, especially now with COVID payments for PPE, I am looking for a payment type that can be posted to a patient's account from the insurance company that does not apply to the patient's maximum.  

Examples

1. Some Delta Dentals don't apply exam/prophy to patient max

2. D1999 COVID-19 PPE is being reimbursed by some companies, some apply it some don't 

3. Insurance Interest payments

My recco is to have a check box like you do for the deductible that we can "uncheck" in the blue book to apply to max.  In addition, we need an misc insurance payment that doesn't apply to the maximum.

If this is already and option and I've missed it, please advise.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Entering Payments into PracticeWorks from Insurance that don't apply to maximum

Your options would be to create a patient payment code or an adjustment code or both.  Only insurance payment codes would effect the insurance portion and it is greyed out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Re: Entering Payments into PracticeWorks from Insurance that don't apply to maximum

I understand how to do what you said, I have been using this software for 18 years. I shouldn't have to apply an insurance payment for 1 person and apply the payment 2 different ways. For example, exam and prophy won't be applied to the max but bitewings are applied.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

All I am suggesting is to have an option, as we do with deductible, to apply to the max or not.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@Nina-Gilbert  is this something we can look into changing?

0 Kudos