kpratt
Canine III

Export a report to Excel

How can I export a report to excel?

Thanks

4 Replies

Re: Export a report to Excel

Hello

It will actually depend on what report you're trying to export. If it is a report located under the File > Print menu, then those do not have the ability to be exported to a spreadsheet.  However, if the report is under the expert > contact expert menu, then it should be possible to create a field export type document to pull the data from the report and into a .csv spreadsheet file. 

I've attached a document to this reply with the basic steps of creating the field export document and attaching it to an expert report.  If you have additional questions or would like assistance setting this up, let me know. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
cabaa99
Premolar I

This many not be the ideal solution, but sometime it helps: Print the report to a PDF, and then use Adobe Acrobat to export it to Excel directly. You will need a current subscription to Acrobat (the free Reader doesn't support this feature), but it's worth if you use PDFs a lot. 

The export is not always perfect, and may need some manual work to align columns and such, but generally speaking it has helped me to get patient reports and others to a format where I can do pivot tables and such to analyze office metrics.

nateinmaine
Canine III

Exporting to Excel would be a hugely useful feature!

We pay our hygienists a partial commission on their production and I currently manually pull that data from production reports. I also manually type in their time cards into a spreadsheet. This is all data that is accessible in the database and is then printed in non-accessible report by Practiceworks. It seems like a pretty short jump to a .csv for any report available under the Print menu.

The amount of data we could get out and manipulate in Excel could be a game changer for anyone looking for practice trends or any other searchable data. We could also use it to create mailing lists or any number of other uses.

This would be a Big Deal.

0 Kudos

@tyson_edwards  - Tagging you in here to be aware of the thread

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos