cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rheuben
Canine II

First name lookup of patients

Years ago, in our original version of PW, we were able to look up patients by first name only - would love to see that feature come back.  Very helpful when an unscheduled patient comes in and you struggle for their last name (but remember their first name!)

4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: First name lookup of patients

You should have a custom contact expert that allows you to search by first name. If you go to Experts > Contact Expert > User Defined, there should be an expert in there called Custom Name Search. When you hit ok to run it, it will display patients in an expert that allows you to sort and search by first name. If you don't have it, or can't find it, let me know.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I am also had this idea. Let me know what you think!

In my solution, you would be able to switch the order in the pick lists from Lastname, Firstname to Firstname, Lastname. You would then be able to use the "Find" field to search by first name.

Click the header to switch the order:

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.23.34 AM.png

Then use the Find:

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.26.06 AM.png

Hello

So yeah at the moment that report is one that would need to be downloaded from the expert exchange if it's not already in your user-defined experts list. 

The expert has it set up so that it can be sorted and searched by Last name, First name, home phone no, Date of birth, status (active/inactive).  We can customize it some as well, such as switching home phone for Cell phone or adding a column for cell, plus some other potential columns. 

Either Deb or I could help you with that if you need us to. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

That is a great solution Tyson!
0 Kudos