cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmslaug2
Premolar I

Importing Insurance Fee Schedules

I have several 2019 insurance company contracted UCR schedules.  Is there a way to import these into PracticeWorks rather than manually keying in each code for every insurance company?             

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Importing Insurance Fee Schedules

@tmslaug2 

There is not a way to import the UCR/Contracted fees directly into PracticeWorks from the insurance companies. 

There is a third party software that we integrate with called Trojan that can load participating insurance company's estimating information into PracticeWorks for you. 

Other then that, you would need to enter in the updated fees manually plan by plan, or by running the Mass UCR update utility. 

Follow the steps below. I strongly suggest making sure you have a backup created before running. 

1. Click Start > All Programs > CS PracticeWorks > Utilities > MASS UPDATE UCR.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When the "Update UCR" column is set to "Yes" and the amount listed is 0.00, this Utility will change the amount of the current UCR to 0.00. That can present a problem if the office is updating only some of the UCR's and does not want to update them all. The Utility defaults "Update UCR" to "Yes." If the office is only updating some of the UCR's, they should change the rest of the "Update UCR" options to "No." There is a helpful "Mark All UCR No" button which they should click first, before entering amounts for those UCR's which they do wish to change.

2. Follow the prompts.

We'd be happy to assist you in the process if you call in and speak with one of our representatives. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I love this topic. I'm curious if you've received fees in an "importable" form, such as a spreadsheet or file from the insurance companies. If this were possible how would you envision it working? 

Thanks!

tmslaug2
Premolar I

I have received only 1 in spreadsheet format.  The others were PDF that I copied and pasted into the same spreadsheet, new sheet/tab..

0 Kudos