cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertwagner16
Canine III

In Charting Module - new clinical buttons added?

Jump to solution

Exploring the PracticeWorks Charting Module helped me to see that some needed buttons are missing. For example, it would be really nice to have a button that can mark a tooth that only has a root tip left; also, to have a button that shows a lingual bar on top or the bottom. Partially erupted tooth would be another nice addition. I know we are getting an update soon, just wondering if some of these buttons have been added to the software? It would be really nice to have those, especially for going toward a chartless practice. 

2 Replies
jeanspears
Premolar I

Re: In Charting Module - new clinical buttons added?

Jump to solution

I agree. Also - I've noticed that a tooth doesn't show as missing or "x" out in charting if a patient presents with a root tip remaining and you chart a residual root tip removed as procedure performed.  You have to go back and just mark the tooth as "missing".  For a partially erupted tooth we created a note that just shows "PE" in description and mark that it appears in bold characters on the chart.  You can also select that it shows in your watch list as well.   Then you can see all your watches in the list at a glance. 

0 Kudos

Re: In Charting Module - new clinical buttons added?

Jump to solution

Currently, there is no "X" to indicate an extracted tooth for Code 7250 in PracticeWorks because the procedure described is not considered a tooth extraction. It is a root extraction. Using this code presupposes that the tooth has already been extracted.

If the treating dentist performs the extraction, Code 7250 can be used in conjunction with any of the other extraction codes. Similarly, a previous extraction (such as one performed at another office) can be charted as "Existing," after which Code 7250 can be used as a followup procedure in the patient's current treatment.

We have, however, already submitted a change request to development on this since we have had so many inquiries concerning this issue.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Code 7250 is not automatically set up to accept a Tooth Number in PracticeWorks, but it can be edited in the Transaction Code List  to require one (or edited to make the use of a Tooth Number optional).