cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lhehirdmdpc
Canine II

LEDGER ENTRY NOTES

Can you please add a feature for adding notes to ledger entries. I would like to be able to see notes per entry why insurance didn't pay for a particular service or anything else relevant to the claim.  It would be very helpful at checkout when discussing a balance with the patient or if the patient calls about a particular claim to have this information attached to the actual ledger entry. Please consider this. Thank you.

Dr. Leslie Hehir

6 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: LEDGER ENTRY NOTES

Tagging @juriz, he'd be the best to take a look at this request

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dr. Hehir,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm curious, how does your office handle this now? For instance if insurance did not pay what was expected and the patient questions their balance, how do your staff find the information?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

We have all these "reasons" set up under the comments section of the transaction code list.  Create what you need, and then post it immediately below the insurance payment on the ledger.  Choose the patient name and provider initials that correspond to the rejected procedure.

lhehirdmdpc
Canine II

Thank you. We have never used this feature.

0 Kudos
tmslaug2
Canine III

We use the comments section as well, but find it very time consuming to enter the info, then have to backtrack in order to change the date of service to match the claim since the date cannot be changed until the information is entered.
0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

I'm not sure I follow you.  We enter the patient along with the comment directly under the payment.  Then you know which patient and which date of service that comment goes to.  If there are multiple comments needed (for example, the exam was rejected due to frequency limitations, but the fluoride was rejected to to age limits), then selecting the corresponding producer's initials gives you guidance on which comment goes to which procedure. If you need me to post a screenshot for clarification, let me know.

0 Kudos