cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
Premolar III

Line Item Accounting and Write-Offs

Is there a way to alert us when posting that the claim is for a primary carrier?  I find myself posting the payment, distributing the amount, entering the write-offs - then after completing the transaction and going to the next screen I find out that they have secondary coverage.  So I have to go back in, remove the primary payment so that I can remove the write-offs, as they can't be calculated until secondary pays.  Tremendous waste of time.  If I am missing cues somewhere, please let me know.

7 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Line Item Accounting and Write-Offs

When you add ip the window where you select the claim at the right has notation prim or sec to tell what type of submission it is. See the attached screenshot.
0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

I understand that.  But looking at that screen, how can you tell if that patient has secondary coverage?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

In the distrbution window look at ldger histroy button see attached screenshot

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Previous IP- if there is a dollar value shows good chance it is secondary payment or misapplied previous primary payment from a different claim. See Attached screen shot.

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

Thanks for the suggestion, but that would waste more time than having to go back and remove the payment when I find out there is a secondary claim involved because I would have to do this for every patient (as opposed to removing & reposting the primary payments on an as-needed basis).

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

This solution would apply only when I am posting the secondary payment, correct?  I need to know when posting primary payments whether or not not they have a secondary plan.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The only thing I can think of is to create a message that displays for patients with Secondary Insurance. You would go to Experts > Automation Expert > Responses > Messages, and add a message. The message can just say, "Patient has secondary insurance"

Then link the message to the system event of "Add mail payment" (it will come up every time you add a mailed payment to the patient, but it is just a simple alert message). 

To add the event: Go to Experts > Automation Expert > Events > System Events

Choose "Add mail payment"

Click "Define Autolinks" (at the bottom), and select "Add"

Choose "Display a message"

Select your message from the displayed list

Select "No, always respond without asking"

Select "When the task is first started"

In the next window select "Formula" at the bottom, and copy/paste:  Patient.SIPPersonID > 1

Click Ok

If that is too many steps, you can email me: debi.peterson@csdental.com, and I would be happy to help you.

0 Kudos