Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joedindo
Premolar III

Masking Patient Names in the Deposit Slip for privacy

Jump to solution

Is there a way for PW to mask the patient names when printing the deposit slip to paper? 

I'm sure I don't need to say that having names of patients on the slip for bank tellers to see is a violation of privacy rules.

If it's not a feature of PW, then I would request that an option be added to mask the patient names when printing...

Thanks

4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Masking Patient Names in the Deposit Slip for privacy

Jump to solution

Hi Joe good suggestion, I just checked preferences for printing in the green screen and there is not a preference to remove names from deposit slips. I will pass this to development as update request so offices can choose to print or not print names on deposit slips.

Tags (1)

Jump to solution

Tagging @tyson_edwards  to be aware of the Idea as well

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

In the meantime try printing the Collection summary under File >Print>Accounts and Receivable>Collections Summary. No names just description of payment.

PW Collection summary.png

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

I understand what you are saying, but the only names that appear on the deposit slip are the names of the patient's that wrote checks. The bank is receiving the check (with the patient's name on it) along with the deposit slip, therefore the deposit slip isn't necessarily what is providing patient information to the bank. The patient is choosing to have that information disclosed by writing a check.

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB Act or GLBA) is also known as the Financial Modernization Act of 1999. It is a United States federal law that requires financial institutions to explain how they share and protect their customers’ private information. 

The GLBA requires that financial institutions act to ensure the confidentiality and security of customers’ “nonpublic personal information,” or NPI. Nonpublic personal information includes Social Security numbers, credit and income histories, credit and bank card account numbers, phone numbers, addresses, names, and any other personal customer information received by a financial institution that is not public.