cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolyn621
Premolar I

Medications

How are offices listing & finding a patient's current Medications listed within PW to allow for efficient viewing. It would be great if a MEDICATIONS section was created similar to the Medical History/Alerts. To our knowledge, there isn't anything available. Scanning in is okay.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Re: Medications

@carolyn621 

Hello Carolyn, 

I'll go ahead and give my suggestions to track it in PracticeWorks. 

1) If it's medications that your office has prescribed to the patient, It will depend on how you prescribe them. Either using the new method using the Prescriptions button on the clipboard or the old method of using Documents.  If you use the new method they'll be on the Prescription list using that button.  If you're using the old method, those documents, if marked to have copies kept, will be listed in the patient's history. 

2) If it's for medications that they have prescribed from another Doctor, then the only options we have would be to either use
 - Sticky notes on the clipboard

- Create a notepad for the patient, then upload that into the patient's Attachments. It will open back in notepad and allow you to edit and save the file so that next time you open it, it'll have those changes. 

- Use Medical alerts to list current medications. 

I hope this helps

-Johnathan

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
carolyn621
Premolar I

Hello Joe,
We are looking for a really good solution to see medications prescribed by other doctors. By having a special section for MEDICATIONS that have been prescribed by another doctor would allow for the drugs to be seen separately rather than mixed with conditions/illnesses.
I will have to think and try the notepad option in the tutorial or on our practice patient within PW. Immediately, the thought that comes to mind is to add in the attachment a Blank Medications Notepad to prevent mis-attaching to the wrong patient.
tmslaug2
Premolar I

We created an updatable Form and a system autolink to open when 'start charting' is completed.Med Form.jpgmed link.jpg

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The above post regarding the updatable form is an excellent suggestion. You can also create an updateable form that has a multi-line text section for medications. A lot of the offices I train, do this:

Capture.JPG