cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
First Molar I

Order of appearance

What determines the order of appearance of the following in a ledger entry:

Patient name - if there are 5 family members and each family member's name begins with S, what determines whose name shows up first when I hit the "S" key?

Producer initials - if multiple producers have the same first initial, what determines whose initials show up first when that letter is selected?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jdowner

Re: Order of appearance

@sonyap 

From my testing of this, I found that if one of the patients is the responsible party, it will select them as the first option when typing in their first initial.  If both patients are dependents it will base it on their Internal PracticeWorks ID (PWID). Basically, whichever patient/clipboard was created first in the software.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
sonyap
First Molar I

Got it, thanks.  And does the same apply when selecting producer initials?

0 Kudos
jdowner

the producers are the same.  They will be based on the order in which they were added to the software

0 Kudos
sonyap
First Molar I

I thought that was the most logical system as well, but that is not what is happening in our patients' ledgers.  Any ideas on why that might be?

jdowner

For that, I would need to look at it to see what order it is placing them in order to determine that answer.

0 Kudos
bnissen
Premolar I

Sometimes it is alphabetical, sometimes its random, ie; order of entry. It'd be nice if would be consistent.

0 Kudos
kellycacc
Canine III

This is NOT the case for us.  I called about this a year ago.  I added a new hygienist who has the same first initial as the doctor.  They hygienist came up first when choosing a producer with that initial.  We could not find a way to have the doctor come up first, even with help from tech support.  The hygienist now uses some made-up initials, just so the doctor will always come up first when choosing his initial.  It does not default to the producer who was added first.  Super frustrating.  

sonyap
First Molar I

When can you log in to look at (and correct) this?

0 Kudos
jdowner

@sonyap 

I could connect in and take a look at it. But we do not have any way to control the order in which the patient names and producer initials appear on the list. The most I could do is observe and determine the order it is basing it on. 

0 Kudos