Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

PW: Support for Office and Sever 2019

Hello PW Community,

It's our understanding that Microsoft is now selling Office and Server 2019

I wanted to be clear from jump and let everyone know that PracticeWorks DOES NOT support Office/Server 2019 yet. 

PracticeWorks 9.0 is the latest released version and it DOES support Office/Server 2016.

We ARE planning to get PW certified with Office/Server 2019 within 2019 so look for it later this year!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyson

Tags (2)
3 Replies
dporter1
Canine II

Re: PW: Support for Office and Sever 2019

We are planning on getting a new server in Sept with Server 2016. We are currently not running the 9.0 version of PW so we should update to that version prior to installing the new server?

0 Kudos
pchaneyosa
Canine III

Re: SD: Support for Microsoft Office and Server 2019

Good info to note for all, Thanks Tyson. A point to note as well, if any are using Office 365 it will automatically jump you to 2019. If that is the case you may want to get a static version of Office until your platforms have obtained SB certification. I think it should be wider publicized that you are 2016 ready now, and folks should look to update Office accordingly for all platforms. There are advantages and disadvantages you must weigh in your particular situation.  P Chaney WinOMS

Hello @dporter1 

We are as of v9.0 of PracticeWorks officially compatible with server 2016.

I'd highly suggest updating to v9 of Practiceworks as soon as you can so that you have access to the CDT 2019 code list, as well as the latest features in PracticeWorks.  I'd be happy to have someone in the install team reach out to you to schedule your update. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos