cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nageldds
Canine III

Patient Analysis Report

I attended an AADOM seminar last night and the speaker suggested viewing a Patient Analysis Report. Many of the attendees use different software (Dentrix, etc). Their software generates a report with the following categories: Active patients and %, male/female, age breakdown, patients w and w/o insurance, patients seen in the last 12, 24, 36 and greater than 36 months, new patients seen in the last month and year, the number of preventive appointments scheduled, the number of non preventive appointments, total number of active and inactive patients. Is there something similar in PWorks? The information would be helpful in marketing our practice.

5 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Patient Analysis Report

Good evening!

I'm tagging @robertangus and @debi_peterson. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. 

nageldds
Canine III

Thank you! It would be great to have this information in one report Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Hello Denise,

Sorry for the late reply to this. I have a couple questions for you to get more details so I can make sure i point you to the correct reports. 

I can tell you now that it will not all be within a single report. 

So what I need to know is this:

for the following sets of information, do you want the list of patients or just the count?

• Active patient
  • Patients w/o insurance
  • patients seen in the last 12/24/36/+ months
  • new patients seen in last month/year. 

For the following sets of information, do you want to know future information or past? I'm assuming future, but i'd like to make sure

• number of preventive appointments (also by preventive appts, do you mean specifically Recall appts or based on specific codes that are within the appointment?)
  • Number of non preventive appointments. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
nageldds
Canine III

I am looking for the patient count for:

• Active patient
  • Patients w/o insurance
  • patients seen in the last 12/24/36/+ months
  • new patients seen in last month/year

Future information for:

• number of preventive appointments (specifically Recall appts)
  • Number of non preventive appointments. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos

A few of the reports needed will be ones that will need to be downloaded and installed from the PracticeWorks Expert Exchange.  To get to it go to the Experts menu > PracticeWorks Expert Exchange.  It may require level 10 access depending on settings. 

To download the needed reports go down the list under the "Download Expert pack" tab, expand the SECOND "PW Support" with the + on it's left.  Then look for the needed report as named below, check the box on the left of it to select, then UNCHECK the option for "Install to Tutorial Database," Then click on Download.  At this point you'll see two pop up windows giving a warning about using custom experts, just click "Accept" on both and it will download and place the reports in their needed menus. 

For these reports use the Count Analysis report, which must be downloaded from the Expert Exchange, and is then located under Expert > analysis expert > "Count"

This will get you the count for Active (considered active as long as the inactive box isn't checked on the clipboard) and inactive. It then breaks it down additionally by # w/ insurance and # w/o insurance. 

I can warn you now though, the number for patients with insurance uses the wrong data formula so it's the incorrect number there. I can easily correct this for you if you'd like. 

• Active patient
  • Patients w/o insurance

For Patients seen in the last 12/24/36/+ months, you'll want to run the "Patient list by last visit" expert.  which again would need to be downloaded from the expert exchange if you don't already have it. It will then be located under Experts > contact experts > user defined > Patient list by last visit.   you'd set the date range needed and let it run. it'll show the total number of patients for that period on the lower left of the window. 

• As an FYI on this though, a patient will only count for the date range that their last visit falls within. so if you run the report for 01-01-17 to 12-31-17 and the patient's last visit was in February of 2018, they will not show up on the report, even if they did have an appointment during that period of time. 

To get the count of New patients seen in the last month/year, you'll want to run the "New patients within a date range" expert, again this can be downloaded from the expert exchange, and then found in the user defined list. 

You will then set the date range needed, and it will pull a list of all new patients during that period of time.  FYI - PracticeWorks considers a patient as new only if their very first completed (checked out) appointment was during that period of time. 

You can use the Appointment confirm/review expert, located under Experts > contact experts > Appointment confirm/review to get the number of appointments that are marked as recall and not marked as recall.  When you run the report, set the date range you want at the bottom on the option "Appointments between"  on the Middle right you can select if you want "Recall only" or "Not recall."  The number of appointments will show on the lower left corner of the window once it brings up the list.

If you have any questions, fell free to ask here, or call in and ask for me directly. I am the only Johnathan in the PracticeWorks department.  

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos