cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: Patient payment method #4

I forgot to attach the screen shot.  The w/o for a child prophy had previously populated and is no longer there. I can't figure out for the life of me why the bitewings and exam don't have a w/o populated.

EDS not updating fixed schedule.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That is true, the purpose of the blue book, and the ability to update it while entering payments is to have the correct estimates for future services/claims.  However, updating the blue book will not update the estimating for claims that are already open and waiting on payment to be entered.  At that point, those would be considered past claims, not future.  So if you are entering payments for multiple claims that came from the same plan back to back, updating the blue book on the first one will not automatically show those numbers in the IPs that follow. But any new claims that are created from that point forward would have the new estimating amount on it. 

As far as changing the payment method to #1, that would then make it so that there will not be a write off expected, so the write-off amt column would not be filled in automatically. You can still manually enter the amount and it will post to the ledger. 

Since you're already manually entering the write off amount anyway that wouldn't end up changing anything. 

For the one code that isn't showing a write-off, that is most likely because the fixed amount is the same or higher than the office fee for that code so there is nothing to write off. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

I understand what you are saying in the first paragraph, but then how were write-offs auto-populating for two of the services on subsequent postings?

Got it.

Got it.

Not the case - there was approximately a $40 write-off due the patient on that service.  What was in there initially (before I clicked re-estimate) was correct.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

To be able to know for sure why it would no longer have the write-write off amount I would need to be able to connect in and review how everything is set up and entered for that code. 

You'd be welcome to post the screenshots though. 

Basically I'd need to know the office fee for the code(s) and how that code is set up in the code-specific estimating list for that plan.  I would also need to know if this is primary or secondary insurance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

I will work on that next time I have a batch of these payments

0 Kudos
Highlighted

sounds good.  For HIPAA and privacy concerns, since there is a decent chance patient names will show, you are welcome to send those screenshots to my email directly if you want at johnathan.downer@csdental.com or you can send them to me through a private message here on the forum.