cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar I

Practice Works re:Attachment date

Since about July 2018 the attachments reflect a date of 10/06/1922 and 04/11/1968 prior to that it was some absurd date. This has happened on a couple of occasions where the attachment date is not matching the current day and no way of changing it other than adding the date in the description.

Question, since PW version 10 now allows for attachments to be ordered to the practice's preference, will there be any resolution to these incorrect dates? Any thoughts of how these dates from 1922 and 1968 could be corrected?

I haven't yet scanned anything in so I am keeping my fingers crossed (I'm not holding my breathe because I still want to live), that the dates will be reflected as current.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Practice Works re:Attachment date

@juriz @tyson_edwards , can we take a look at this date issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@carolyn621 

This issue was fixed in CS PracticeWorks v10.  The original cause had to do with too many characters within the Attachments Categories.  That limitation was removed and should no longer be an issue. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

How does this fix the dates of items already attached reflecting 1922 and 1968?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Unfortunately, It will not be able to correct the entries that already have the bad dates on them.   It wouldn't have a way to know what dates those attachments were actually added to the patient since the only date that gets tracked for the attachments is the one that you see from the list. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

It is understood the date in the description field could not be filtered although would it be possible for the date (left of the category) that access could be created and editing could only be for the 1968 and 1922 dates only.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Do you mean to be able to edit the date of the attachment entry so that it reflects the correct date, which by the sound of it your office was placing in the description?

The only potential way of doing that would be to pull the data file that contains the master attachment list, and then we'd have to go in and manually change each attachment entry one by one to the date needed.  This would be extremely timeconsuming and tedious. It would require that for the time period that the attachment file is being corrected that no new attachments are entered into the system. This could easily take hours to days depending on the number of entries that would need to be corrected. 

0 Kudos