cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joedindo
Premolar III

PracticeWorks End of Life

What are Carestream plans for PracticeWorks end of life and for future releases and features? I ask this question with respect and a motive that is strictly focused on business planing.

Clearly, Carestream is focused on Sensei, their cloud solution and it is natural that they would concentrate on that aspect of their business. For us who want to continue to use PW, we need to rely on it to continue operations but still want to be able to use 3rd party solutions to take advantage of new features that streamline our business. For example, digital signatures, paperless, patient digital communications, patient scheduling, etc. I have been told by several 3rd party companies that it is difficult, if not impossible, to work with Carestream for the purpose of augmenting PW with their solutions. 

As such, it has become a concern to me and I want to understand what the future holds for PW.

Thanks.

12 Replies
Nina-Gilbert
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: PracticeWorks End of Life

Hi,

Great question!

We have no plans to end life for Practiceworks - we released v10.1.3 back in the early Spring, and are currently working on v10.1.4.

As you mentioned, we do have a new Cloud offering with Sensei, and the exciting news is, we are incorporating elements and services from Sensei into PW. So new services and 3rd parties will be able for you work with.

We have a strong partner program where we invite companies to register interest in working with us, if you have anyone you are working with, they can register interest here: https://www.carestreamdental.com/en-us/csd-products/eservices/authorized-partners/

Lastly, one of the new products we can offer our PW customers, via Sensei, is the new Patient Forms module. This is going through its final checks and we are looking for a site or two to beta the integration. If you are interested please let me know.

Nina

0 Kudos
nageldds
Premolar I

Question regarding the previously released version 10.1.2, I had an appointment for installation and was told the version was pulled back due to problems. Is it currently available?

0 Kudos
Nina-Gilbert
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I'm really sorry it was a typo, 10.1.3 is actually available right now - and 10.1.4 is on its way!

0 Kudos
jdowner

@nageldds 

10.1.2 was pulled due to a major defect that was introduced.  Those were corrected in the now released v10.1.3.  You are able to update to this version without an issue.  If you would like you can set up an appointment to do this update you can do that here

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

Thanks for the detailed reply.  Certainly I'm excited about these new features and would love some more information. 

What confuses me though is that the various third parties who I'm interested in working with have all (uniformly and independently) complained that it is exceptionally difficult, if not impossible, to work with Carestream for the purpose of developing a third party solution. For example, the paperless/patient communication app, YAPI, have not been able to update their new versions and features because of this. I would appreciate clarity on this topic.

Thank you for continuing to support us PW users who do love this product...

joedindo
Premolar III

What "new" features or updates are in 10.1.3 and 10.1.4?

0 Kudos
kellycacc
Canine III

Yes, yes, yes.  I too have had problems with YAPI integrating with PW and YAPI has told me they are unable to work with Practiceworks.  They cannot get the information they need to be able to update YAPI to work properly with the newest versions of Practiceworks.  I've been told their calls go unanswered.  This has been going on for about 15 months and counting.  I've begged and pleaded, made phone calls until everyone is completely tired of hearing from me, and still no changes.  My specific problem is that YAPI can no longer automatically confirm appointments in PW, we have to do it manually.  @joedindo are you having the same problem?

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

That is exactly what I've heard from Gina @ YAPI.  VERY frustrating.  I know that PW says that they're keeping it going but this feedback sure creates doubts.

Our confirmation function is working properly & nicely!

0 Kudos
kpratt
Premolar I

I also have this issue.  Our office used Solution Reach for years.  We had to discontinue because of issues syncing with PracticeWorks Cloud.  We switched to Weave.  They said they would be syncing with PracticeWorks Cloud in Feburary 2021.  Then March 2021....I ask every month.  They say they are not getting the information they need from PracticeWorks to proceed.  My Carestream sales rep claims, that PracticeWorks has provided the information. It is VERY frustrating. I do not know who to believe. We are also having issues with "known" issues in PracticeWorks including not being able to see active appointments unless we select to in ApptBook View or the ability to import x-rays in .jpeg format without an error. When will the issues be taken care of. 

0 Kudos