cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

PracticeWorks: eClaims with dates of service in 2019 being converted into pre-authorizations

There was a Carestream system issue that flagged all eClaims containing a service date in January, 2019 as pre-authorizations instead of actual claims.  Carestream is aware of the problem and is actively working to solve it.  All affected claims will be resubmitted shortly.  

There is no action needed on your behalf.    

We apologize for any confusion and we look forward to continually serving your electronic processing needs.

UPDATE 1/9/19:   
The issue has been corrected and all claims from 1/1 - 1/7 have been resubmitted, with the exception of real-time claims. If any real-time claims were submitted during that time, they will need to be resubmitted by the practitioners.  

12 Replies
wendysmithey
Canine III

Re: PracticeWorks: eClaims with dates of service in 2019 being converted into pre-authorizations

Any Idea how much longer we need to wait to file claims?  This has been an issue since 1-2-19.  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: PracticeWorks: eClaims with dates of service in 2019 being converted into pre-authorizations

The issue has been corrected and all claims from 1/1 - 1/7 have been resubmitted, with the exception of real-time claims.  If you submitted any real-time claims, those will need to be re-sent from your end. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

UPDATE 1/9/18:   
The issue has been corrected and all claims from 1/1 - 1/7 have been resubmitted, with the exception of real-time claims. If any real-time claims were submitted during that time, they will need to be resubmitted by the practitioners.  

0 Kudos
wendysmithey
Canine III

we were advised to just hold our claims when I called Monday.  We will have enough confusion as it is with people calling asking why we filed for a pre-estimate of a cleaning.  I will let staff know its ok to submit claims.  I was told to keep checking the exchange for an update.. Glad I asked

0 Kudos
carolyn621
Premolar I

This issue with #eClaims ‘converted’ to #predetermination is unacceptable. A small and it would be small compensation for this huge error would be a credit to all #support subscribers for the January monthly support fee. Practices don’t receive payment on #predeterminations.
The 2019 update is already behind in getting this in the hands of practices. In years past, the update was available several weeks before year end. Practices and staff should not have to create the new 2019 CDT Codes in the “other” transaction code list to enable their use.
Another #bug since approximately July 2018 is in attachments - the date is 1922. This bug has not been fixed yet.
I won’t continue with other problems or #bugs.
wendysmithey
Canine III

Paul, you may want to, for clarity sake, fix your update date. 1/9/18 should be 1/9/19 Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Fixed.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please email me at paul.snyder@csdental.com with your account information and I will work with you to make things right. 

Regards,
Paul 

0 Kudos
carolyn621
Premolar I

So today we received more PreDeterminations as a result of claims being converted. These claims were submitted on Jan 10, 2019. The last post regarding this was Jan 9th. I just got off the phone with eServices and was told that claims were resubmitted on Friday, Jan 11. 

I can't be the only person that feels the frustration of this HUGE fiasco of an error!

Carolyn Barnett 

0 Kudos