cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
valmicro
Canine II

Practiceworks Migration

I need to migrate a client's Practiceworks onto another server and have run into a question.  If I go to a new server am I going to run into issues if I change any of the following: IP, Host Name, or Domain Name.  Since Practiceworks uses Pervasive I just want to make sure that I don't run into any snags between the workstations and that database if I change any\all of these items.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Practiceworks Migration

Good morning,

If you'e running Pervasive 11 the licenses will need to be de-registered from the old server and registered on the new server. 

As long as your workstations have a mapped drive to the server and proper permissions you should be in good shape. I'm tagging several members of our support team should you have any further questions.

@robertangus , @shabiki@jdowner

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello

Yes, Like JUriz mentioned, for Pervasive, you'd need to de-authorize the key on the old server so you can authorize it on the new if you're running v11 on the old server already. 

You'd really only need to worry about the machine name and IP if you're also using our imaging software. The image storage location is based on the UNC path to the share so if that path is different then what it is current, it will not be able to find the images. The escalation teams has the ability to get in and edit those paths though so that they can be found in the new location. 

Other then that, once the Workstations are mapped to the new share location, you can simply run the Workstation setup executable and it will re-write the paths to the new location for the data and licensing. 

You are more then welcome to give us a call if you need assistance. We have a dedicated installation team who'd be able to help if need be. 

-Johnathan

valmicro
Canine II

Thanks for the replys!  I was on the phone with tech support and the guy I was talking to, I think was on the implementation team, and didn't have an answer for me.  I need to fix an error or two in jugement by another IT vendor, like a crazy long domain name, and wanted to make sure I wouldn't cause problems while trying to fix problems.

0 Kudos