Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cabaa99
Premolar I

Prompt Custom Message at checkout

Jump to solution

I'd like to prompt a custom message to the user doing the checkout if certain conditions are met:

1. The patient primary insurance company is XYZ (or could be Employer XYZ, either one works)

2. The patient has a secondary insurance of ABC

Rationale: We have a "cash" insurance plan that normally used for patients with no insurance. However, sometimes staff adds it as secondary just to see what the cash quote for non-covered services and forget to remove it before checking out and submitting the primary claims, which is causing problems when the primary is Medicaid b/c they reject claims when there is a secondary insurance available (which is not really the case). So want a prompt to warn the user and (ideally) stop the checkout process until this is corrected.

I looked at the Events, and there is one for checkout, however, I'm not having luck with building a Response that will satisfy the above conditions. Any help would be appreciated

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Prompt Custom Message at checkout

Jump to solution

@jdowner any ideas? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

IT is possible to make it so that a message will display at the time of checkout to warn the user of this scenario.  We can set it up to use the formula section to make it come up based on if the patient has a particular primary and/or secondary insurance company, or employer/plan set. 

Maybe something similar to this

PrimInsPlan.Name = "Medicaid Plan"
And
SecInsCo.Name = "Cash Ins"

where the name within the quotes will be replaced with the name of the appropriate names.  You will need the quotations around the name to make it work. 

I'd be more then happy to work directly with you if you'd like.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
cabaa99
Premolar I

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I was looking for - what class name and members to use. Just added it and works perfectly. Thanks a lot!

BTW, Is there a list of available classes and members to use? The formula builder for the message did not seem to expose the Ins.* class... would be great to have some document as a reference.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

we do not have a document specifically that list out all the variables and their locations on the list. 

These, however, would have been under Data Fields > Appointments > Patient info, Then either Primary insured party > Employer/plan > Name. and secondary Insured party > employer/plan > Insurance company > Name. 

It takes a little digging to find the variables sometimes, but once you understand the structures it can be easier to locate what's needed. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst