cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dnewman56
Canine II

Proposed Treatment

Recently updated software and can no longer propose treatment of a simple restoration without creating an entire treatment plan.  Confuses the hygienists.  Any suggestions for a work around?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Proposed Treatment

Can you further explain what you are asking, or tell me where the hygienists are seeing this information? The treatment plans in PW have worked the same as long as I've worked with PW (20 years), but maybe you are looking at something else in the software . . . 

0 Kudos
Dnewman56
Canine II

I have been using Practiceworks also for about 20 years.  Until our last update to 9.0 if a patient came in for recare and had a simple restoration to do, we simply clicked on the proposed box in the charting module, charted the restoration to do, and exited the chart.  Now it will only allow me or my hygients to create a new treatment plan.  This seems cumbersome to have to do each time. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

In past versions of PW, when you proposed treatment you should have been creating treatment plans (or adding to an existing plan). If the patient didn't have a current treatment plan, and you added proposed treatment, when you exited the chart it asked if you wanted to add the treatment to a treatment plan. If you answered "yes", then the window would open to create a treatment plan. If you answered "no" it wouldn't really create a treatment plan. The treatment would still look like it was proposed, but it wouldn't really be in a treatment plan. The way I understood it, it would be in a temporary file that would be there for a while, but eventually the proposed treatment would disappear (I have seen it happen many times). With the new way tx plans are handled, there isn't a way for that to happen anymore. 

You don't have to create a new treatment plan each time, you can add to an existing treatment plan. Just make sure you don't accidentally add it to a "completed" treatment plan.

0 Kudos
jeanspears
Premolar I

I think I know what you're talking about..... before you would select the treatment plan tab, enter the treatment and set appointment times - it wasn't required to name it before moving onto the next step.  Then you could click back on hard or soft tissue and continue on.  Now in 9.0 - when the hygienist or assistant proposes treatment they see a box that pops up right away asking them to name it and they have to name it in order to continue (I had a lot of complaints about that). Then you propose the treatment and still need to define appointment times and remember to mark the treatment as "Accepted" otherwise the front (AKA me) can't pull it up to schedule.   

Is this what you're referring to?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Yes, that is what I'm referring to. When a clinician could chart a proposed treatment without actually adding it to the treatment plan, they could disappear. With this change in 9.0, it makes you choose a treatment plan prior to charting the proposed treatment which stops users from forgetting to add it to a treatment plan when they are done charting the plan.

0 Kudos