cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Quick training needed on 2 areas of soft tissue chart tab

Jump to solution

I downloaded the training manual for charting, but still can't find the specific answers that I need. 

I need to know the following:

1) What each colored dot on a tooth means

Red is BOP Yellow is Calculus Diane is looking into Pink.JPG

I see that there are 5 different measurements indicated on the right side of the chart, but according to the training workbook, there are 9 available.

Perio charting workbook 1.JPG

2) What does a red tooth number indicate?  

red tooth number in charting.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Quick training needed on 2 areas of soft tissue chart tab

Jump to solution

The dots indicate bleeding (red) suppuration (green), plaque (yellow), and calculus (hot pink). You would indicate that there was bleeding (for example) at the distal buccal of tooth #2, and the red dot would appear at that site.

You have 5 labels down the right, and then the 4 different colored dots which make up the 9 items listed in the documentation.

The red tooth number indicates that you are not looking at the most recent chart, and there is something that has been done to that tooth after the date of the chart you are looking at.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@debi_peterson @katpat can either of you provide some insight here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

As far as which dot color belongs to which item

Bleed – Red
Supr – Green
plaQ – Yellow
Calc – purple

For the tooth number turning red on the soft tissue chart.  I'm not sure myself on that one. We don't have any documentation on it and I can't seem to replicate it as of yet in my own data.  I will reach out to a few people who might know on Monday and see if I can get the answer for you. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

The dots indicate bleeding (red) suppuration (green), plaque (yellow), and calculus (hot pink). You would indicate that there was bleeding (for example) at the distal buccal of tooth #2, and the red dot would appear at that site.

You have 5 labels down the right, and then the 4 different colored dots which make up the 9 items listed in the documentation.

The red tooth number indicates that you are not looking at the most recent chart, and there is something that has been done to that tooth after the date of the chart you are looking at.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks @debi_peterson. I had forgotten that about the red numbering on the soft tissue chart. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos