cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joedindo
Premolar III

Scanner Recommendations

Please let me know what scanner you guys are using that is both easy to use and works well with PWs attachment scanning feature.

Thanks in advance...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
cplummer
Canine III

Re: Scanner Recommendations

**Following** we currently use a xerox travel scanner 100, but it is very out dated, and have been looking into getting a new one.

joedindo
Premolar III

I just came across an interesting website and am wondering if anyone on this forum is using it...

https://yapiapp.co/true-paperless/ 

0 Kudos

Hello Joe

Our officially suggested scanner is located in our system requirements located Here.

Basically though as long as the scanner uses a twain driver then it will be able to be seen by PracticeWorks.  Something to keep in mind though is that PracticeWorks cannot scan multi-page documents directly into it. You would need to scan a multi-page document outside of PracticeWorks in to a PDF and then upload it into the patient's attachment area.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

If that could be fixed, it would be AWESOME!  

0 Kudos
jeanspears
Premolar I

We are looking for a new desk top scanner and I came across this discussion - but the link you have for "located here" does not go anywhere?  I can't find any recommendations on Carestream's page either.  Is there any new suggestions anyone can offer???

Thanks-

Jean

0 Kudos

Thank you for bringing the broken link to my attention, I've updated where the link goes. 

as far as suggestions though, the one that is on our system requirements page as recommended is the Epson Expression 1680 Professional. However, this is a pretty old model and is harder to find for a decent price at this point. 

Basically any printer that is twain compatible will work with PracticeWorks. You would just need to keep in mind that when scanning directly into PracticeWorks you would not be able to scan in a multi-page document. 

my UNOFFICIAL recommendation:

Epson Perfection v370 (Amazon link) - It is a flatbed, twain compatible scanner, that also is designed to scan in film/transparency documents as well in case you need to scan in hard copies of x-rays. 

Epson Perfection v39 (Amazon link) - Another flatbed, also twain compatible. If you see a need to have the transparency scanning feature, this one would work as well, and is slightly cheaper. 

You can also use the document feeder scanners that are twain compatible. This would allow you the option of scanning multi-page documents outside of PracticeWorks into a pdf file that can then be uploaded into the patient's attachments list. 

-Johnathan

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst