cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Separate section for Medications on Clipboard

Sounds like Alex is talking about the formula area of a system event autolink set up to print a document under specific circumstances at checkin, not a user defined expert.

helenmac
Canine II

When our office creates the "medical alerts" we differentiate them by putting "**" in front of allergies and "*" in front of a medication.  That way, when we view the medical alerts, it is easy to see them.  The **allergies show up first, then *medications followed by the medical conditions.  We have been doing this for years and it is very helpful. 

lshep
Canine II

Our office does something similar, Helen. When entering the medical alerts, we put "allergic" or "taking" in front of the medications to differentiate. That way we don't have any confusion and have been doing it since 2008.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

When you click the "camera" button, you can insert an image.  Sample image

0 Kudos
helenmac
Canine II

Jean I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!  I am discussing this today at our staff meeting.  thanks for the helpful idea!

jmerhar
Premolar I

This discussion is not on Softdent is it? Not sure how I first saw this.

Jennifer Merhar

Office Manager

Eagan Family Dentistry

Dr's Rud and Hilo

4178 Knob Drive #C

Eagan, MN 55122

651-452-4317

0 Kudos

No this is on the PracticeWorks board

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
alyson
Canine II

We put our patient allergies as a patient marker, We have made our own up for medicines such as warfarin etc.  These are then seen as soon as you have the patient banner up on the screen.

carolyn621
Premolar I

It would be wonderful for a medications list that is detailed - although Many of the medications are under various names like blood thinners - the following are all blood thinners (what generation is the patient taking):

Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
Dabigatran (Pradaxa)
Apixaban (Eliquis)
Heparin (various)
Warfarin (Coumadin)

it is scary because some individuals truly don't know what they are taking and why or much less the dosage, they know how many times per day. 

What would be a consistent and uniform way to document medications in all users of PW?

jeanspears
Premolar I

Carolyn- 

I agree. It's frightening how many patients have no clue what meds they're on and quite a few times they don't think their meds have any effect on dental treatment therefore they don't even tell you about them.  We found we were adding so many things to the medical alerts so we made our own health history update box that auto displays every time the chart is launched. (See my previous comment in this discussion).  It's been great because all of the meds as well as health changes  are listed there for the provider to see and it's able to be added to and it saves the previous entires for records purposes. 

Jean