cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Statement date range

I'm going to ask what will seem like a VERY basic question to most of you:  How do I make our statements print back further in the patient's history?  

The reason I ask is because what has always allowed me to change how far back it goes is no longer working. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Statement date range

In the statement setup there are the options for what "Transactions to print." It can be set to "Since last statement" or "Details of balance"

"Since last statement" will print everything on the ledger since the last time they had a statement entry on the ledger. 

"details of balance" will print everything on the ledger that is still a part of the unpaid balance. 

There is another setting below those options for "Never print transactions older than [###] days." This will be the limit for how far back it is allowed to print entries from the ledger based on the two other settings.  it can be set from 0 (disabled) to 999 (2.5 yrs). 

note setting it to 0 leaves open the chance for some patients to receive a lot of pages on their statements depending on either how long it's been since their last statement or how old, and how many entries they have on the ledger that are part of the balance. 

These setting only affect the mail-out statements. 

jdowner_0-1605218003386.png

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Ok, so I had all my settings right.  How are you classifying "mail out" statements?  What I was doing for the patient in question is right clicking on the clipboard, selecting "Prep and print new statement".  Would you consider that a mail out statement?  If that is not technically a mail out statement, that explains the problem.  No matter how far back I set the "never print transactions older than", it would go back only to 8/17/20.  However, if that method of creating a statement is considered mail out, then I am back to square one.  I've done this a hundred times over the years but all of a sudden it's not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The "prep and print new statement" would be considered a mail out statement.  what option do you have set for the "Transactions to print"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Here is our entire setup (I put the days old back to 180 so I didn't forget, but it was at 600 and not working like it should):

sonyap_0-1605295746274.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

@jdowner have you been able to figure out why this is not working, based on the screen shot of our settings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

When I tested in my own data I was able to get it to list back pretty far under those settings.  At this point, I'd want to get in and take a look at it directly and see if I can figure out the why behind it for you.  I still have your contact information from before.  When would be a good time for me to reach out to you?

We are closed on November 26 and 27 this week due to Thanksgiving.  I am here tomorrow from 930am until 6 pm est.  Starting Monday I will be in from 9 am to 530pm. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Thanks Jonathan.  You can call my direct line Monday.  Have a relaxing and safe holiday.

0 Kudos