cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wenp69
Canine III

Training vs Support

When did support stop teaching folks how to use features?  If the only purpose for support is to guarantee that the software is functioning properly, then I think we are way overpaying.  Years past, support could walk you through how to use your software or answer questions if you needed some clarification.  Now I am continually told, "that is a question for training you will need to call them". However, when training comes on, I am offered the option to hire a trainer for $1500.00 per day.  Given this, there seems to be very little need for our office to continue paying over $400.00 per month for our support package.  Have other offices noticed that there is a disconnect?

3 Replies
joedindo
Premolar III

Re: Training vs Support

I have noticed it as well but we've been on PW back when there was a forum that was bring run by the developers so we managed to get most of our questions answered then. However, I'd sure love to be able to get some questions answered of the training variety about going chartless without having to commit to an entire day of consulting.
tmslaug2
Premolar I

Following
0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. One of our support managers will be in touch with you if they have not already contacted you. There must have been some miscommunication on our part. A very large percentage of calls taken by our support staff are "how to" calls and our staff is trained on how to teach offices how to do certain functions.  With that being said, there are times where our training staff is a better overall option for practices. For example, new employee training, or if an office wants to start using a feature like electronic claims, automated statements, or a new imaging  product  for example,  that requires a little more in depth training. 

We do review our agents calls on a monthly basis and provide additional training and coaching to try to prevent this type of situation from occurring. I have instructed our PW management team to track down some of the most recent calls from your office to review. If you ever feel like you are not getting the correct answers from our staff, by all means, feel free to contact us and ask for one of our support managers. 

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
0 Kudos