cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joedindo
Premolar III

Troubleshooting PW Drops

PW drops off with an error randomly throughout the day on many of the 20 workstations in our practice. It has done that for ages and different versions. A month ago, we upgraded to a brand new Zeon server with brand new workstations and it's still doing that. We also updated the router and the switch so there's nothing left to change over on our end. I used an IT company certified for PW.

I would like to ask that someone from level 2 has a look at this to help reduce this problem. They're usually btrieve errors accessing a dat file.  I'm going to start having them capture the actual code going forward.  The most recent not was a 3112 code op = 23 on appt.dat.

Please help me.  Maybe @jdowner ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
joedindo
Premolar III

Re: Troubleshooting PW Drops

Haven't heard anything. My IT people are grasping at straws but getting nowhere.  Here are two more errors:

p:\pworks\data\sed.dat fatal Btrieve error (error code =3006 op =5)

p:\pworks\data\ledger.dat fatal Btrieve error (error code =3112 op =6)

These are happening multiple times a day across multiple workstations.

Please help

0 Kudos
jdowner

Re: Troubleshooting PW Drops

HEy @joedindo sorry for the delayed reply. 

Both the 3006 and 3112 errors indicated communication drops between the workstation and the server. 

Usually, the first thing I look at for this is the power management settings on the network cards to make sure the setting for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" isn't checked. 

I also look in the Windows event viewer under windows logs > system.  for this purpose you'd want to look for any warning or error entries.  The source can vary depending on the network card, but an example of a source could be e1yexpress.

if it seems to be happening to multiple computers it could be an issue on the server-side with its network dropping or even an issue with the router/switch. It would potentially take some investigation to find what is causing the communication drops between the workstation and the services on the server. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst