cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

V10 Login Requirement to open chart

Is there a way to turn off the requirement to log in every time you open a patient's chart with version 10.0? The employee is already logged into practiceworks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Canine II

Re: V10 Login Requirement to open chart

Yes, we would like to know before we update to v10.  It would be inconvenient to have to enter a password every time you want to look at a chart.  Carestream, would you please comment on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

To clarify, after using it for a week we have now discovered it is not every single time. However, it does happen sporadically (sometime 5-6 times/day). I called tech support and we determined it is not due to inactivity - we checked all settings together. They believe it may be a "glitch" in v10. Hoping it will be resolved in a future update!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It should not require the user to log back in every time they go to open a chart. 

The only reasons that it may be happening in my testing is either the user who originally signed into PracticeWorks when it was launched doesn't have a high enough access level to open charting so it is prompting for a higher-level user's credentials, Or the session is going idle and needs to be logged in again to be active.

I've tested both and at the moment I didn't get it to prompt for login again after I set a 10-minute idle time in just one of the timeout settings. I'll need to test in both settings to be sure on that one.  As far as the employee level that one does prompt every time when the logged-in user is not set to a high enough access level. 

If there is any other reason, or even if it's a potential glitch in v10, it has not been officially reported for us to be aware and track it happening as of yet.

@vdom48381  - you said you spoke with someone here about it already. I'd like to look up that ticket to see what was entered on it.  Can I get your office phone number so I can look it up?

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Canine III

Hi Johnathan, office # is 248-685-8748. Our security setting to open a chart is zero, so that shouldn't be the issue. Our timeout setting is set for 120 min in both locations. Let me know if you find anything out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok, I'm not seeing a call opened for this particular issue in your history since you updated to version 10 at the end of January.  I'll have to open a new one and give you a call and start the investigation anew.  This will include my needing to see it happen so it may take letting my remote session stay connected to record until it does happen. 

I will need to make that call to you tomorrow however as I am currently booked up for the rest of today with other projects.  What time do you open?  I start my day at 9 am eastern. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos