cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 open Softdent windows on same computer

2 open Softdent windows on same computer

A few versions ago I was able to have 2 Softdent Software windows open on my computer. I generally would only have one open but when I run reports/statements I would open up a second window just for the reports because they keep me from using Softdent for a while during generating/printing. That option has been gone for a few years. The only way another Softdent window can be opened on my computer is if it's the Tutorial. I now have to run to another computer if I have to take a call while I run reports.  Is there any way this can be changed? 

Thanks

9 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Kris,

​In Jive, how do you (and a few others) have the boomerang and Employee designation by your name? I like it and would like to change all employees to match. 

​Melissa
Community Manager
Community Manager
Kris, I figured that out... are you using it for something? If not, I'd like to adopt. 
kris.kinlen
Premolar II
Hey Melissa - go for it.  I started using it to differentiate carestream employees from customers when we were doing feature design feedback conversations in the community.
kris.kinlen
Premolar II
If I remember I gave a different badge to the FTV customers in sweden?
Community Manager
Community Manager
I think so... I see one other one like that. I've added employees so that they have the boomerang... it's manual, but might help to distinguish posts.
chriscornett
Premolar II

famdentofcols‌, this can still be achieved with updated releases. If you will message me, I will give you step by step instructions on how to do this. It's simple really, but I don't want to put it on here as part of this discussion as other's setups may be a little different.

chriscornett
Premolar II

famdentofcols‌, try the following document that I created for this issue. If you have questions or would prefer assistance with this then please feel free to contact me.

famdentofcols
Canine II

Thank you for the information. I tried using the different target locations you gave. The first one came back with error "You must run Softdent from the Desktop or Programs Shortcut". The second one said it was invalid. I noticed someone else commented that she had the same error message from the first option. If there is something else I can try please let me know. We are version 16.2.3. I have a disk to update us to 16.2.8 but I haven't had the time to do it yet. 

Thanks,

Kristy

chriscornett
Premolar II

famdentofcols‌, please message me directly with a number that I may call to assist in finding where the error may be.