cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Appointment Letter to include hygienist

Change of Appointment Letter to include hygienist

0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Very often we have to change our patients appointments and have a letter set up using the last appointment date. This works fine when the patient has only one appointment but can cause confusion when they have a double appointment with both dentist and hygienist. Could you do a fix to enable us to show the patient that both their dentist and hygienist appointments have been cancelled on same day and the details of the new appointments? It would be really helpful as at the moment the staff sometimes forget to check and amend the existing letter to reflect 2 appointments.

I've checked with the helpdesk and there is no way of doing this at present.

Thanks!

5 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Here is the email address that we have registered, ADMINISTRATOR@BRACESBYGRAHAM.COM so the user name would be that email address with the password carestream (all lower case).
​That should allow you to log-in, and you can let me know if you would like to register another email address as well.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Olive,

Thank you for your suggestion, I just want to clarify a couple of points to ensure I fully understand the problem you face.

Is the issue that you cannot get the date and time of the cancelled appointments on the letter? I believe it should be possible to get the date and time of both of the future appointments on the letter.

Also please could you confirm if you are following the below steps:

1. Book the new appointments for the patient.

2. Go to the 'Cancel appointments for a day' screen

3. Click 'Cancel Appointments'.

4. Click 'Print Letters'.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to ensure I understand the problem.

Kind Regards

Jon

olive
Canine II

Hi Jon

Thanks for your response.

What happens is, if the dentist decides to close down one of his days, we make another appointment for the patient and cancel the original in the appointment book. We then go into our template letters and we produce an automatic letter we set up on R4 ages ago and this details the cancelled appointment time and date together with the details of the new appointment which is perfect.

The problem arises when the patient is also due to see the hygienist before the dentist and we have to reschedule both appointments. In that scenario, the letter only picks up on the latter of the 2 appointments and I couldn't see how to amend the add-in fields to reflect both appointments. The help desk suggested this couldn't be done?

I hope that makes it clearer!

Regards

Olive

?

Olive Melville

Reception Manager

Murray Ettle Dental Care

26 Castle St

Dumfries

DG1 1DU

Tel:01387 268044

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Olive,

Thank you for coming back to me on this, I agree that it is only possible to show the date and time for only one of the cancelled appointments. But it should be possible to show the date and time of both of the new appointments. There are merge fields for up to the next 10 pending appointments for the patient these can be accessed in the merge fields under the option for 'Patient Appointments'.

I hope this helps, if you have any problems locating these merge fields let me know.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards

Jon

olive
Canine II

Hi Jon

Many thanks for your prompt response, I shall have a look at this next week!

Have a great weekend.

Olive

Olive Melville

Reception Manager

Murray Ettle Dental Care

26 Castle St

Dumfries

DG1 1DU

Tel:01387 268044