cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check-in Screen hardware for appointment arrivals

Check-in Screen hardware for appointment arrivals

A Check-in screen (possibly with a tablet as hardware) linked to R4 would be really useful:

1) This would allow patients to check themselves in on arrival

2) free up the receptionist

3) reduce queues at reception (& potentially irritated patients!)

4) could be developed and used re patient id e.g.: Pt's may be able to add a photo to R4 or even update specific details address / tel No's etc?

14 Comments
drdougortho
Canine III
Is there any integration that i don't know about for OT Cloud where the chart can have an integration to Invisalign so we can bring up clinchecks from our charting?  I recently was using Ortho2 Edge (their cloud product) at a friends office, and they have that capability... with the huge growth of invisalign in our industry, i think this is a must!
drdougortho
Canine III
How about integration with a lab rx company like easy rx? 
FormerPLM
Premolar III
Hello Dr. Palaganas,

​I'm hoping my response on Invisalign reached you...we have it on the roadmap for Q2.  With regard to EasyRX, we have and existing integration with them, would you like me to have someone reach out to you on this?  

​Thanks!

​Jeff
kayj139
Canine III

I seem to remember in the dim and distant past when we first acquired R4 that there was a function for the patient to check themselves in - R4 Kiosk possibly?

paulliano
Canine III

Yes there was one, but it was before tablets had properly come into being. The cost was very high, functionality limited, touch screen poor and the deal-breaker was it was too big! I think the hardware has evolved sufficiently for this to be revisited now and also the old kiosk is no longer available. I would certainly like one now!

paulcassar
Canine III

My Doctors surgery uses this technology I think it is a great idea and if implemented would be used

kayj139
Canine III

Yes, my Doctors too.  A touch screen panel to check in with your gender + date of birth.

Would be very useful.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

My Doctors also has a check in screen, what I find is this means the service I receive is not very personal, the receptionists often have their back to the patient. Absolutely agree this frees the receptionists up to do other things, I just wonder if it does detract slightly from the customer experience. Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

paulliano
Canine III

I think this depends on staff training. My staff would never have their back to the patients and customer service is at the forefront of this request. This would give reception staff more time to deal with patients so “increasing” customer service and not delaying the check-in process for others. The point is this gives the patient more options:

1) They can check-in quickly if they want, reducing stress levels if they arrive only just before their appointment

2) They can still go to reception and ask any questions and not be interrupted by a check-in

I find choice is always better! It is also something that I have had on feedback froms from patients, specifically asking for this.

Also imagine the development opportunities. It could easily be adapted for feedback; “friends and family test” for example!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Great feedback and well made points Paul, this information is gold when we are looking at future development and is exactly the sort of conversation we hope the Exchange will cultivate. Will be very interested to hear other customers thoughts on this as well.

Thanks!!