cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR

GDPR

Ass under GDPR patients will need to opt in to communications eg e-mail, I assume R4 will be adding fields/ check box for us to note this against each patient

33 Comments
nick
Canine III
Looks like everything should be working the way you desire. Can you please test on a few and let me know if it's working?
​Thanks
cleizer
Canine III

I just checked on 2/5/6. They all work. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello John,

Great idea and absolutely an enhancement that we are planning for a version release early 2018, our initial thoughts around it are options on the patients personal or comms screen which state:

"I agree to receive communication from the dental practice via:"

• text
  • letter
  • email

With a tick box for each one so the user can tick all options the patient agress to.

Is this along the same lines as your initial idea?

Kind Regards

Jon

jpbates
Canine II

Yes that would be good.

We also need an options for recieving general messages (eg a mailshot of some sort)

and an option for "marketing mailshots"

This would allow a degree of control so can recieve no messages, specific messages, general messages (may be holiday opening times etc) and more marketing types (eg new treatments, open evenings etc)

Currently if pts object to recieving some types of communication we have no way of removing them (or opting them in)

Thanks

John

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello John,

That is great information and of course we will take that into account when we implement the solution.

Kind Regards

Jon

dalehadley
Canine II

i think it needs to be more down the line of - I agree to my mobile number being used for x y &Z

dalehadley
Canine II

Good to see the other comments on this - I like the idea of tick boxes, This will enable us to run a query to return the required data set

david69622
Canine II

I like the idea of options for different levels of contact in tick boxes by the different forms of communication. A patient may prefer a text reminder for appointments, but email would be more cost effective for marketing purposes and less invasive to the patients life.

ambermarierose
Canine II

Do we have any update on this subject yet?

notley
Canine II

Jonathan,

As the date approaches for when the new Data Protection Act starts I was wondering if you could give an indication of what is planned at your end. As it seems patients have to give consent to methods of communication and if this can only be done when they attend an appointment it will take a significant time to update all patients preferences. There may of course be ways to do this by email however as many practices uses texts and email for correspondence it is a matter that perhaps needs to be addressed.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards