cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Staff Schedule

Managing Staff Schedule

Our company has 10 offices currently and many more in the works. Due to number of locations we have over 50 staff members who all travel. We would like to assign assistants, lab/sterile tech, treatment coordinators, and front desk staff to each day. While looking at a specific day it would be convenient to have a drop down list where you could select staff names. If there of 4 columns/chairs available for patients we would be able to select 4 dental assistants. This would also allow us to select which front desk staff would be present and so on.

On the calendar view a menu would be available on the left side of all staff members (similar to the dr and location set up) where you could select a staff name and see their office location schedule for the month.

We are aware of the feature that allows us to change chair names to staff member names however we have to sort through 10 office locations to see where everyone is each day. This does not allow a week or month view specific to each staff.

14 Comments
jameson
Canine III
I have a few Ideas for additional spaces: Imaging, NSP, Technical

What do you guys think? 
Community Manager
Community Manager
We will definitely get there with Imaging... hadn't considered NSP. Is Technical for internal or external? 
jameson
Canine III

I'm thinking for local computer techs, so external.

Community Manager
Community Manager
We will have to keep it in mind. How would that be different from NSPs? 
jameson
Canine III

NSPs are certified to work on our imaging equipment. Some time they are also the ones who work on the offices computers but they are not doing so as a Carestream Service Provider.

jameson
Canine III
Hope I'm not being a pest, but I also thought about adding an link to my profile in my email signature. "Follow me on The Exchange: Jameson Street "  ... Kind of like we do with the Carestream Facebook. But, that might be something we need to pass through the powers that be Smiley Happy
sreeder
Premolar II
  made me do some additional thinking which is sometimes a good thing.  Smiley Happy  I added NSP to the list of options on the profile so now a user can state they are now an NSP.  I also changed this field setting to "CARESTREAM AFFILIATION" vs. just CARESTREAM PRODUCTS as I believe it to be a better representation of the drop down options.  Finally, I added "DEALERS / DISTRIBUTORS" to the list of drop down options as we will undoubtedly have some Euros hitting it sooner or later.  As far as additional spaces, I think we all agree that THE EXCHANGE could be a great thing for both our customers and our employees.  But we need to do a little proof of concept with the ones set up and then we can have a better argument to build it out further.  The cool thing about THE EXCHANGE and the way we set it up is the fact that it is indeed scalable so once we get more internal and external traction to build it out, we will be ready.
jameson
Canine III
Sounds great! I have been asking for a tool like this for several years  now. I am definitely excited about the concept. Because of my role as lead imaging software agent, I am in a unique situation to have visibility and communication with all of our products groups. I know this can be a powerful tool for us. If there us anything I can do to help, please let me know!
sreeder
Premolar II
Super appreciate your enthusiasm and share it.  
jameson
Canine III
What do you think about the idea of adding a Sub-Space under OrthoTrac for CS Orthodontic Imaging? Because of how the system is designed, the integration looks seem-less between imaging and Orthotrac(IE it looks like the same program). Like wise, a Sub-Space could also be made for Cloud.