cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Clinical Note Search Results by Date.

Order Clinical Note Search Results by Date.

When searching the clinical notes for a word, phrase or tooth notation the results should be ranked by most recent first. This would be much more useful clinically than the current system which ranks the results by the proximity of the search term to the start of the entry.

16 Comments
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee
Go to the ortho place and then type this into the "ask a question" : integrity check error. 
​Note that there is a discussion in the Latest Discussion list that has integrity check errors in the title. 
​The ask a question results will show no matches. But clearly there is a discussion already around that would answer this question. 

​Either we are creating this content incorrectly, as discussions, OR the question search shouldn't exclude discussions. Btw, the regular search would display the detaching discussion in the search results. 
sreeder
Premolar II
Let's chat tomorrow. I am in the office
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Ok I'm flying back tomorrow and I might be available in the afternoon... You could just call me in the morning 678-472-1781

sreeder
Premolar II
Hey Matt...I tried ringing you this morning.  I logged in this morning and noticed a couple of things.  While IN a community, the search box is not really a search on all documents it appears but only searches questions.  That said, I moved the INTEGRITY discussion over to a QUESTION and it appeared just fine once a person types in something relating to INTEGRITY so I think we are good.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Well what that tells me is that we should be creating more Questions rather than Discussions. Perhaps most of the content we created should be questions and not documents or discussions. 

sreeder
Premolar II
If there is a SINGLE right answer...than it should be a question.  Otherwise we cannot mark it as CORRECT.  A discussion has many results and can be marked as HELPFUL but not CORRECT.  There is a difference and it becomes important from an SLA perspective and reporting.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I get it. I'm just considering the reasons someone would come to the community and the first thing we present them with is a search box that only searches a narrow set of content. I don't want customers who see frustrated to give up and make a call or duplicate content when a suitable answer exists already. 

I'll see if I can find more examples

sreeder
Premolar II
There is not a tile that acts likes the widget we use on the main home page for search unfortunately.  I checked.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Ok. 

In other news, the weekend at AAO went well, people really liked the community, and I don't think that anyone else out there is doing something quite like it. 

Handed out about 200 cards (not sure how many), so we may need more for CDA south. 

It was not hard, but not easy to sign people up while they were in the booth. Not everyone wanted to stop and take the time, and when they did they might not have had access to their email (no office webmail).

One thing I noticed was that only one person was signing up from any orticular office at first, once I noticed it, I instructed them all to have their own personal login so they they could all participate. One lady asked me if I get commission on the number of sign ups. >.<

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Logan and Susan are still there and we may gamer a few more thanks to them.