cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recall auto-populate

Recall auto-populate

0 Kudos

When making recall appointments is there a way for the system to recognize when a patient has already had 4341 or 4910?  When the Recall button is clicked on in "Make New Appointment" screen, there is only one option that pops up. We have about 10% of patients who need 4910 instead of 1110 and it would be nice if it would auto-populate to 4910 so we didn't have to manually change the code.  Thank you!

Tags (2)
5 Comments

Hello Barb

Unfortunately, PracticeWorks is unable to detect if a certain code was used recently in regards to what it uses inside of a pre-defined appointment. You would need to create a new pre-defined appointment that uses the 4341 or 4910 respectively, and then you would need to know which one to use at the time of creating this appointment.  I would suggest having it pop up in a yellow sticky for those patients that needs it.

You can create new pre-defined appointments by going up to List > Pre-defined appointment and Click  [Add]. You would then give it a Description, Abbreviation, tx class, if it's a recall appointment type, and then on the right, which codes you want it to populate into the new appointments.

If you want assistance in doing this, please feel free to reach out to our representative and they would be glad to help.

- Johnathan

bnissen
Canine III

Thanks – I’ve already done everything you’ve suggested. We just have someone at the front desk who unfortunately does not pay attention. This is a training issue that, despite numerous reminders, I can’t get solved. But thanks for your reply.

Barb Nissen

Office Manager

Dr. Michael Sesemann

Dr. Christina Pruitt

10020 Nicholas St #200

Omaha, NE 68114

O: 402-392-2880

F: 402-392-0729

<http://www.smilesonline.net/> www.smilesonline.net

sonyap
Premolar II

Not sure if it will help, but those patients who need the PM code, we have a sticky note attached to their clipboard that pops up on recall report & when making appointments.  But I agree with you - since page 2 gives the option to pick which producer for recare visits and how many units, it should also allow you to set the appropriate code.

pulling Jeremy into this so he can see a potential in enhancement

juriz

bnissen
Canine III

Much appreciated!

Barb Nissen

Office Manager

Dr. Michael Sesemann

Dr. Christina Pruitt

10020 Nicholas St #200

Omaha, NE 68114

O: 402-392-2880