cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUGGESTION FOR NEXT UPDATE

SUGGESTION FOR NEXT UPDATE

I wish the rolodex pulled information from the Outside Doctor information rather than having to manage it in two places.  Only recently did I figure out they didn't talk to one another when I thought I had updated a doctor's contact info only to find out that the two data bases do not talk to one another. 

9 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

@matt_ackerman and @uriyahrobinson adding you to review this request, and moving to the Product Ideas area. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@paularyfa 

This is a great idea....I have captured will capture this idea to discuss with the development team.   

Please continue to provide your ideas.     These are great!!!!

Uriyah

@uriyahrobinson  , @paularyfa :

OrthoTrac already reads from the Outside Doctor information when you check the box for "Doctors" in the Roladdress function.  Opening an outside doctor in the Roladdress will show "Outside Doctor" on the Roladdress card and selecting "Edit" at the bottom will open that doctor's record in Outside Doctor Maintenance. You can then save changes with no issues.

Records that were added specifically through the Roladdress, on the other hand, cannot be configured to be Outside Doctors.  The Roladdress is intended to be for business contacts such as office technicians, office supply contacts, cleaning companies, insurance contacts, and other business or personal individuals that are not specifically outside doctors.  If you are wanting to add additional outside doctors to the system, that is what Outside Doctor Maintenance is for.  Records added there will appear in the Roladdress as well.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

Premolar II

I just added a test doctor through Outside Doctor on maintenance.  Saved. Closed. Then searched through rolladdress for my new test entry and selected all and it did not appear.

Paula ( @paularyfa ),

If you have not added a phone number to the doctor's record in Outside Doctor Maintenance, they will not appear in the Roladdress search results.  This is by design because the Roladdress is intended as a phone number / address listing.  Please add a phone number to the doctor's record and then try your search again.  They should appear then. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

Premolar II

1.  Phone number should then be a required field to save.

2.  Help desk never told me any of this when I called about it.

3.  It is confusing.  The rolladdress should exclusively take info from the fields added through carrier, outside doctor, staff, RP, etc.  I'd rather it reflect the data bases we are deliberately managing.  If you don't know adding a doc through rolladdress doesn't add to outside doctors, it is understandable how our databases got so mucked up in the first place.  

4.  If you disable new entry tab on rolladdress box you've solved the problem.

Paula ( @paularyfa ),

1.  This is a good suggestion and I agree with you. Thank you for passing it on.  I will note, however, that this behavior is the same for all outside records that are listed in the Roladdress, including staff, carrier, etc.  -- that is, if no phone number is listed for a staff member, they will not appear in the Roladdress either, and the same for insurance carriers, and so on. The problem with requiring a phone number to save the record in Staff Maintenance, or Outside Doctor Maintenance, or Carrier Maintenance, is that there are several possible scenarios where you would enter information into those sections of OT and would not want to enter a phone number. Requiring a phone number in those sections would probably cause more issues than it solves. If you understand that only outside records with phone numbers attached will appear in a Roladdress search, then you can use it accordingly. 

Note that business contact records that you add through the Roladdress itself do already require that you enter the phone number. 

2.  I am sorry for the misinformation you were provided when you called on Feb 21st.   I am taking steps to ensure that the rep in question is properly trained on that function going forward but again, all I can do is apologize for the previous misinformation and assure you that the info I'm giving you now is correct. 

3.  I am sorry you find it confusing, but if we change the Roladdress so that it exclusively takes information from Staff Maintenance, Outside Doctor Maintenance, etc. -- that is, only from other places in OrthoTrac -- then we will be faced with complaints from offices who use the Roladdress also for storing business contacts (cleaning services, office supply companies, OrthoTrac Support contact information, third party technical services, third party integration services like Televox, and so on).  It is important that offices have a way to enter records in the Roladdress that do not fall into other categories already handled by Maintenance/Setup.  

4.  This ties into the response to # 3 above.  We cannot disable new entry of records in the Roladdress as offices need a way to enter non-Carrier, non-Outside Doctor, non-Staff, non-Responsible Party, non-Patient, etc. records.  

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

Premolar II

Thanks Phil! I get it now. We've had too many changes in staff at the front desk, and my database is a bit of a mess.  I will start training with this info thank you!!

On another note related to the communications of different databases with one another, if a patient is the RP, why doesn't a change of address change in patient field also change in the patient's RP field? I'm assuming it is a similar setup in the program as above, but it isn't intuitive that it is a separate field entirely when it is for the same person.

Premolar I

My clinical team would like it if you could add to the clinical chart an CAMBRA  assessment that they could fill out on each patient.