cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cabaa99
Canine II

Alphanumeric Payer IDs

Jump to solution

We often get alphanumeric payer IDs (EDI Payer number) to use with e-claims submissions from the insurance companies. However, Practice Works uses a different Payer ID system that only takes numbers.

For example Delta Dental NC publishes DDNC. which in Practice Works needs to be 10004. It is cumbersome to have to call PW Support every time we need to sort this out (takes a long time for a rep to find the answer, or needs a second call). And making an educated guess often leads to claims being silently rejected until we pick them up thru the delinquent claims report.

Does anyone know of a table/resource that shows how to map the codes between the two systems?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Alphanumeric Payer IDs

Jump to solution

Hello Aldo,

I've also received the open case regarding your request towards this so I'll reach out to you tomorrow if I can.

In the mean time, we do not have a publically accessable list of the internal payor IDs and what they equate to for Payer IDs provided by the insurance companies.

As far as I know there are no plans to give public access to this list at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to call in every time to know for sure which  internal ID to choose for those that aren't clear on the list.

Johnathan