cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

CDT 2018 Code Graphic Question

Good afternoon PracticeWorks community!

We are incorporating the CDT 2018 codes into the next release of PracticeWorks. After reviewing the 18 new codes we came across 2 that may need chart graphics. The are:

D6118 - implant/abutment supported interim fixed denture for edentulous arch – mandibular Used when a period of healing is necessary prior to fabrication and placement of a permanent prosthetic.

D6119 - implant/abutment supported interim fixed denture for edentulous arch – maxillary Used when a period of healing is necessary prior to fabrication and placement of a permanent prosthetic.

Please take a moment to leave feedback below. First, would you expect a graphic. Secondly, if so, what graphic would you anticipate?

Thank you for participating.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
ks3m
Canine III

Re: CDT 2018 Code Graphic Question

Would there be able to be a certain "color" that would apply to the graphic that would indicate it is an interim appliance?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

ks3m‌, thanks for the reply! I did some research on the code and if I understand correctly this is referring to a temporary screw that is placed in an implant (upper and lower). Is this right?

0 Kudos
ks3m
Canine III

Jeremy, if I'm reading the descriptor correctly, they are referring to interim (temporary) dentures.  Maxillary would be for the upper arch and mandibular is referring to the lower arch. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

That makes sense. Your recommendation is we change the color of the denture bar to indicate the interim (temporary) denture? I want to be sure we're on the same page. Thanks for following up!

0 Kudos
ks3m
Canine III

Changing the color of the denture bar to indicate a temporary appliance would make sense to me if that's feasible from your point of view.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good morning ks3m‌,

Working with the development team on this. Rather than changing the color we're incorporating some new text with the denture graphic. The color is tied to the "status" (Outside, Completed, Proposed) and we don't want to introduce any confusion in that space. I hope this helps!

Thank you again for your feedback on this. 

ks3m
Canine III

Good morning!  Changing the text to reflect an interim appliance is also a great solution!  Thank you for the info!

0 Kudos