cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annie
Canine II

Color Highlight an Appointment

We need the ability to create an appointment and highlight it with a color, other than the short call shade of purple we currently are using to highlight if a patient is willing to come in sooner for an appointment.  

We would like to see the appointment "pop out" on the page. The reason would be to highlight  or alert us to patient's with a  balance overdue, recent failed appointments, etc. The "yellow stickie" option attached to the appointment is not sufficient to draw attention to the appointment.

Will you create this in the future?  I spoke to Russell at tech support this morning and nothing available at this point.  

Labels (1)
11 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Color Highlight an Appointment

Take a look the Practice Central feature.  This allows users to set their own preferences to organize patients by things like 'high balance' or 'missed appointments' and so much more.  To access the Practice Central feature, click the icon on the left of the schedule that looks like a green/white grid.  Select 'My Preferences' to see what options you desire.  When you are logged in to that workstation, those preferences will apply.  It can be used in the morning huddle.  The blue text acts as a hyper link taking you to the applicable information.  I hope this helps!

annie
Canine II

HI Tammy - I don't see an option to forthe ability to possibly highlight a patient with a recent failed appointment, can options for highlight be added to this current list?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Highlighting appointments would be a software request like you suggested.  This was just a suggestion for displaying the people that met certain criteria such as 'high balance' or 'missed appointments' in the meantime.

Community Manager
Community Manager

annie‌ I'm including jeffrey.urkevich‌, one of our product line managers, so he can take note of your enhancement request. Thank you for the suggestion!

sonyap
Premolar II

Anne, we've been asking for this for YEARS (like ten or more).  Finally gave up, as there were more pressing issues that we would like addressed.

0 Kudos
carolyn621
Canine III

Hi Anne,

We use the feature in Practice Central to help us identify any patient with a high balance. Personally too many colors or yellow stickie notes that pop up have a tendency to be overlooked which then results in no action being taken when it should. I place big emphasis on our staff to use Practice Central daily - this is your "To Do List" without having to write it down. When it gets done, then it is gone from the list. View the training through the support portal or Carestream Dental Institute.

Hopefully you will find using Practice Central easier to use to help manage daily activity.

e9257f
Canine II

I tried to open practice central and It keeps reading error??

0 Kudos

Hello Elliot

The Practice Central error is a pretty common issue that comes up due to a few reasons, the primary one being that the service that runs the PracticeWorks Task manager on the server needs to be restarted.

If you would like we can have someone call you, or you're welcome to call in when you are able to so we can correct the issue. Our contact numbers are listed Here.

-Johnathan

0 Kudos
ks3m
Canine III

Excellent advice on utilizing Practice Central!  Thank you!  (I use it but tend to do it in the middle of the day when there are less pressing issues at the desk--should be a priority at the beginning of the day.)

0 Kudos