cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Credit Card Insurance Payment Question

Good afternoon PracticeWorks users,

We are working on adding credit card insurance payments into the next version (due in a matter of months). In previous discussions we heard from users that insurance companies issue a single card number for each claim, i.e. individual payments. 

Are there instances when insurance companies issue a single credit card number for multiple patients or claims, i.e. a bulk credit card insurance payment? 

Thank you for your assistance on this!

Jeremy

Labels (2)
17 Replies

Re: Credit Card Insurance Payment Question

Jeremy

I'll put a little input from what i've observed when speaking with offices. To answer your question, yes, the insurance credit card payments do seem to come in more as bulk payments more often than individual payments. So we would want to have both an individual credit care IP code and a bulk credit card IP code.

-Johnathan

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

That's interesting. The feedback I received was insurance companies sent over a sheet with credit card numbers which corresponded to individual payments. In your experience, offices have called in with a single credit card number from the insurance company that covered multiple patients?

I've seen it that way as well. From what I've seen there has been an increase of them being more bulkpayment types though.

Guess we'll see what office's are saying at this point.

mbusinelle
Canine III

We have had them both ways.  Some come as individual payments and some come as bulk payments.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

To clarify, this is a single credit card number from the insurance company that pays for multiple patients?
Thank you,
Jeremy

vchop
Canine III

So far, we have seen only individual cc insurance payment, several often coming in the same envelope

ks3m
Canine III

To date, we've only received individual credit card insurance payments (however, I'm still calling and requesting a paper check or EFT!).  I've not yet received any bulk credit card insurance payments, but I'm sure it'll happen.

gurecka1
Canine III

We receive bulk credit card insurance payments only. We have about 3-4 insurance companies that pay like that.

sundberg101
Premolar I

I just received my first bulk credit card insurance payment from GEHA this week. For two years they were individual card numbers for individual patients. I posted it as two separate transactions using the card number twice with each transaction only reflecting the amount appropriate to the patient and had no problem.

I will mention that we are an OrthoTrac office and I enter the information no different than I would if the pt was paying via credit card except that for the last name I enter the name of the insurance company and the first name is Virtual CC, then after printing out the credit card receipt OrthoTrac takes me out of the card processing window and back to my posting window and that is where I put a zero dollar amount in the  patient column which will put the payment amount over into the insurance column then I click on "post" to complete the transaction.