cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cabaa99
Canine III

Duplicate Collections when marking an ERA as Not Postable

We use ePosting in PracticeWorks for some PPOs, like Metlife and Cigna. Often times, the ERA received in e-Postings can't be easily posted because the insurance company will replace one procedure with another (like downgrades) or bundle them (like xrays), and it becomes a challenge to make the e-Posting screen link the differences between what we submitted and what comes back. In those cases, we'll mark the ERA as not postable and proceed to enter a Manual Bulk payment instead. This saves us a lot of time and grief.

However, we recently discovered that PW is double counting the deposit: one time for the not-postable ERA, and another time for the Bulk payment (as reported in the Deposit Report or Net Collection summary for a day/period). This of course is a problem when we try to sync back with the actual bank deposits.

We expected that not-postable = not counted as deposit. What can be done to have an ERA not count at all as a deposit/collection when we choose to enter it manually?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Duplicate Collections when marking an ERA as Not Postable

I reached out to eservices on this question since I was unfamiliar with this aspect of e-Postings. What I was told is the only action in e-Postings that does not result in it showing on deposit slip or reports is to right click and select delete. Currently there is no other way around it showing.

0 Kudos