cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmomma
Canine II

How do you complete treatment that is already in an appointment without having to enter it all in again in the chart? Is adding treatment in the appoimtment only for knowing if you met goal? Why do we have to enter everything twice?

Jump to solution

I am used to "set completing" in dentrix or "walking out" in eagle soft the proposed treatment for the day that is already entered into the appointment. Is there a way to do this in practice works?

8 Replies
bert
Premolar II

Re: How do you complete treatment that is already in an appointment without having to enter it all in again in the chart? Is adding treatment in the appoimtment only for knowing if you met goal? Why do we have to enter everything twice?

Jump to solution

If the appoointment on todays schedule has procedures in it, simply select Check in, seat(optional), check out and you can post the procedures without reentering them

Thanks for asking

Bert

kmomma
Canine II

Re: How do you complete treatment that is already in an appointment without having to enter it all in again in the chart? Is adding treatment in the appoimtment only for knowing if you met goal? Why do we have to enter everything twice?

Jump to solution

Where do you check out the patient? I was told that if I seat the patient and open the chart, the appointment turns yellow and does not turn red until the treatment has been posted in the chart and the chart is closed. They cannot be checked out until the appointment is red. Is this true? Is there another way of doing this? 

0 Kudos
bert
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Simply right click on the appt-check in

Right click on appt-seat(optional if track seating is disabled)

Right Click check out

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

There is a feature in the chart's treatment plan that will allow you to charge treatment out from this tab. We don't normally recommend it because it changes the workflow for the clinical notes (which should pop up when completing treatment). It also doesn't help if the treatment changes (example: treatment plan is for a 2 surface comp. and it turns into a 3 surface), when charting treatment as "complete" it will leave the original treatment plan as the 2 surface, but indicate that it was completed with a 3 surface. This keeps everything accurate for historical purposes, showing that one thing was diagnosed, but something else was performed.

With all of that said, you can go to a treatment plan in a patient's chart, highlight the treatment, and select the "Entry Performed" button at the bottom right. It will put that treatment in the patient's check out ledger for the day. This only works if the patient has an appointment today, and the chart is accessed by right clicking on the appointment.

0 Kudos
kmomma
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thank you. But this does not help for hygiene since most of the time the treatment for the day is not in the treatment plan, it is only in the appointment. I am looking for an alternative to completing the treatment that is already scheduled for the day in the appointment without having to enter all of it in again as "completed" in the chart. I was told that "checking out" the patient cannot be done until treatment has been entered into the chart under "completed".

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

An appointment can be checked out without marking completed treatment (it is done everyday in offices that don't use charting). Charting completed treatment overrides what is in the appointment. If you don't chart completed treatment, the treatment that is in the appointment is what will be charged out for the day. In that case, the clinical person doesn't have to do anything . . . when the appointment is checked out, the appointed treatment will be charged out. The person at the front desk won't see a change in the appointment (it won't turn red), but they can still check it out.

sonyap
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Kelly, I think I know what you are saying, and the answer starts much further back than the actual appointment.  If the treatment was diagnosed ahead of time, and the receptionist made the appointment from the treatment plan, the software should post it to the patient's charting when they are checked out.

The other way that we have things set up is for the cases where the services are not entered into a treatment plan ahead of time.  In the transaction code list, if you edit one of the codes, in the "supplementary information" box there is a line that reads "add to tx plan when scheduled".  Then it is in the appointment box AND in the treatment plan, and when the appt is checked out, it is added to the hard tissue chart.

If when you say "enter it all again in the chart" you are referring to the patient's progress notes, then I am way off base and can't help.  We still have paper charts for that.

0 Kudos
kmomma
Canine II

Jump to solution

Ok thank you that makes sense. But I do have one question, so are you saying that if I enter treatment in the chart as completed it will clear what was scheduled in the appointment and when they go to "check out" it will only show what I posted in the chart as completed for the day? I am just wondering if for example I did a fluoride treatment if I can post that as completed and it will add that to what is in the appointment to be checked out or will I then have to enter everything that was done because it "overrides" what was scheduled.

0 Kudos