I have had situations at times when I have submitted for insurance payment. After payment and billing, a patient calls and says "oh, I forgot, I have a secondary insurance company, could you submit that?"
My issue is, if I add an insurance company to the patient's chart AFTER treament, on a later date, the software does not allow me to send that claim electronically or even printed. Is there a way around this?
Good morning vchop,
There is a way to do this.
Once you've added the secondary insurance, go to the patient's ledger.
1. Right click on the first procedure to be submitted to secondary and select Correct entry...
2. Click OK on the "Limited Correction Abilities" message.
3. Click Yes on the "Insurance Related Procedure" message.
4. On the Correct Ledger Entry screen check the box by to secondary carrier
5. Click Make correction.
6. Click Yes on the "First time submission" message.
Repeat these steps for each entry you want submitted on the Secondary claim. When done, click OK on the ledger. The insurance submission options will appear.
Hope this helps!
You can click the Telephone icon on the left side of the schedule or select Lists -> People from the menu at the top.
From here find the patient and click Edit.
The patient clipboard will appear. On the right, click Ledger.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.