cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanspears
Premolar I

Just curious....

I know there have been previous discussions about the patient chart and allowing multi-access to it - but today I was in the Configuration of Practice Works green screen (looking to turn spell check off for charting notes) and I noticed a "tab" or line that I was curious about.  Under setup - general configuration - charting - printing there is a line worded "allow multiple sessions of the charting module".  What does that mean? There was no value selected but I was wondering what impact that would have on our database?  Can someone explain? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Just curious....

When this is turned on it unloads the patient from the chart but leaves the module open. I'm tagging robert.angus‌ and johnathan.d‌ as they can elaborate on it further. 

On a side note, would you and your clinical staff be interested in having a conversation about changes we can make to record locking? 

jeanspears
Premolar I

juriz‌ Yes - we would definitely be open to discussing the record locking.  

Hello Jean

So the option for "Allow Multiple sessions of the charting module" is primarily to allow an office to open more then one patient's chart on the same computer.  

And as Jeremy said, it makes it so that when you close the chart, it will unload that patient but keep the actual charting module running in the background so that the next time you open a patient's chart on that machine, it will load quicker since it doesn't have to wait on the chart application to launch and then load the patient information, it just has to load the patient.

If you  set the option to "Yes" it will allow you to open a chart for more then one patient on the same computer.  Not to get confused with opening the same patient's chart on multiple computers.

0 Kudos
jeanspears
Premolar I

Got it! Thank you for explaining that.  I had never noticed it before and was curious when I saw it and what it would do to our charting.

0 Kudos